Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgewater to be traded to the Dolphins?
Hmmm. A lot of Minnesota people were responding to those tweets. Teddy has strong faith, there's no speculating about that.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
If TB was taking snaps and getting close to activation, I could understand another teams interest.  But why would they take a flyer on an player with that type of injury with little to no guarantee of him competing again???
Lol exactly.  They need a replacement for this year, not another possible long term solution with question marks.

It feels like the internet could say that the Dolphins will give up 2 first rounders for Sam Brafdord any moment now...

Report: Dolphins have reached out to Jay CutlerAs the Dolphins continue to await word on the severity of Ryan Tannehill‘s knee injury, the momentum for Jay Cutler is building in Miami.
The Dolphins have reached out to Cutler, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ay-cutler/

We arent lowering our asking price; in fact, you can make it 3 first rounders now Miami...

A real thought from me here...

What does Cutler really like about Miami? Is it the Gase connection, or simply the oppertunity? 

My mind is swimming a bit in some prior "neither Teddy or Sam could be here in 2018" talk. Something is nagging me about that scenario playing out and Cutler being available. For all the doom and gloom being created out of that hypothetical, I'm wondering if Jay Cutler would have been like, "sign me up for that right now!"

I could see the Vikings maybe dangling Case Keenum. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I could see the Vikings maybe dangling Case Keenum. 
They best not dangle anybody.  Watching Teddy in person doing cone drills I think it's fair to say he is a ways out yet.  He can go forwards and backwards ok,  but he is really cautious about putting his left foot in the ground and cutting off it.  I am no doctor but as a guy with a history of knee issues I dont think he belongs on a field any time soon.

And he has a serious brace on it while working out.  The dream of him competing to start the year that some still harbor needs to be put to bed.

No way.  The Fins are not going to bring in a QB who's not even off the PUP list to replace the one who just went down with the same type (but less severe thank goodness) of injury.  

Besides, it would be bad business for the Vikings to trade TB until

1. They see how well Bradford plays
2. Teddy can increase his trade value by eventually being cleared to practice and looking good doing it.

No one thinks Teddy will start the year.  And knee braces are common now too in the NFL. Brady wears one.  Everyone on his oline wears them.  That doesn't concern me at all.  My hope is he is able to come back after week 6  sometime and be the back up.

And fortunately Teddy doesn't have a knee injury history - unlike Sam and his knee and shoulder.