Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT Vaccinations
Funny how the pro-choice concepts fly out the window so easily.  And if they are necessary, then why does the FDA restrict which ones can be used.  Ones available in other 1st world countries (Canada, France, Japan) aren't even allowed as an option or alternative.  Some of these vaccines have human diploid cells in them, they were derived from aborted fetal cells.  But no untainted alternative is made available.
So you tell me what else the government should be allowed to force the populace to do.  Prohibition?  Mandatory church services?  Banning sugar? 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Funny how the pro-choice concepts fly out the window so easily.  And if they are necessary, then why does the FDA restrict which ones can be used.  Ones available in other 1st world countries (Canada, France, Japan) aren't even allowed as an option or alternative.  Some of these vaccines have human diploid cells in them, they were derived from aborted fetal cells.  But no untainted alternative is made available.
So you tell me what else the government should be allowed to force the populace to do.  Prohibition?  Mandatory church services?  Banning sugar? 
None of those topics affect the general population like contagious diseases do, talk about a false equivalency.

Not vaccinating your kids puts other kids at risk.  Yes, if people are too damn stupid because they read some conspiracy theory shit or some blogger's opinion on Facebook about the risks of vaccinations that they refuse to safeguard their kids and put others at risk then you don't get a choice.  Like anything with medicine, there are risks and possible side affects associated with it ... which if you want to consider the statistical odds FAR outweigh the alternatives of not getting vaccinated.  

And anyone bringing up the "they're going to do it because of the money" angle just stop with the stupidity.  Many hospitals offer FREE vaccinations, shit that's been around for several decades, some for centuries, to keep people from dying ... but now in 2019 you want to claim vaccinations were created just to make money?   

The dumbing down of this country continues thanks to social media and the internet.

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"greediron" said:
None of those topics affect the general population like contagious diseases do, talk about a false equivalency.

Not vaccinating your kids puts other kids at risk.  Yes, if people are too damn stupid because they read some conspiracy theory shit or some blogger's opinion on Facebook about the risks of vaccinations that they refuse to safeguard their kids and put others at risk then you don't get a choice.  Like anything with medicine, there are risks and possible side affects associated with it ... which if you want to consider the statistical odds FAR outweigh the alternatives of not getting vaccinated.  

And anyone bringing up the "they're going to do it because of the money" angle just stop with the stupidity.  Many hospitals offer FREE vaccinations, shit that's been around for several decades, some for centuries, to keep people from dying ... but now in 2019 you want to claim vaccinations were created just to make money?   

The dumbing down of this country continues thanks to social media and the internet.
Nothing affects the general population like what?  killing off 60 million or so?  talk about false equivalency. 

talk about stupidity.  Someone pays for the vaccines.  They aren't free. 

And to my point?  What about the freedom of choice?  What about allowing options?  No just claim others are stupid because of social media.

Why would a Vaccine be free? 
That doesn’t make any sense.  Is
there any company in the world that does stuff for free?  The vaccines cost money as do the doctors
time for administering the vaccine.  It’s
just that your insurance (which you pay for directly or indirectly) has to
cover it fully or a federal program (funded by your taxes) pays for it.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if flu shots in a
walgreens or something are loss leaders.

Evidently neither of you are aware of the outbreaks in Oregon where I'm from.  Feel free to google the free and reduced price vaccines given out by Multnomah county to get the outbreak under control and the CDC's federal program VFC for kids whose parents can't afford vaccinations.  And FYI my girlfriend has been in the medical field for 10 years and we are currently fighting with her ex about vaccinating her son because he is an uninformed anti-vaxxer moron, so yes I have first hand experience with the subject.  Vaccinations have been saving millions of lives globally for decades, centuries ... we had many diseases eradicated until some dingbats circulated doubts on the internet and voila, an 8 yr old boy in Oregon developed tetanus, spent 50 days in ICU, racked up $800,000 in bills and his egghead parents still won't get him vaccinated. 

And when your poor choices affect the general population you shouldn't have a choice.  It's that very same freedom of choice that caused the current outbreaks in Oregon.  Babies and others who can't be vaccinated due to medical reasons shouldn't be subjected to diseases because you want choose to not vaccinate your kids.

Evidently neither of you are aware of the outbreaks in Oregon where I'm from.  Feel free to google the free and reduced price vaccines given out by Multnomah county to get the outbreak under control and the CDC's federal program VFC for kids whose parents can't afford vaccinations.

Vaccinations have been saving millions of lives globally for decades, centuries ... we had many diseases eradicated until some dingbats circulated doubts on the internet and voila, an 8 yr old boy in Oregon developed tetanus, spent 50 days in ICU, racked up $800,000 in bills and his egghead parents still won't get him vaccinated. 
I’m not sure what you are arguing against.  In your post you literally say that there’s a federal program (aka funded by taxpayers) that is providing below cost vaccines for those who can’t afford it.  Google says the US vaccine market was $17.5 Billion for 2018.  In 5 years it will be up to $25 Billion.  It’s about $1200 per child for the vaccine schedule.
You can argue if it’s worth it, but it’s definitely not free.  You are either paying for it in higher taxes, higher insurance premiums, or higher medical bills for other services.

Again,  free vaccinations available in Multnomah County for kids paid for by the county.  I'm on my phone, you can google it yourself.  And congratulations you discovered healthcare costs are going up in the next 5 years, including vaccines.  File that under Duh.

If the healthcare world was determined to make a profit from vaccines, they'd encourage people to NOT get vaccinated and end up in the ICU, where they can make 10,000 times more money giving treatments for preventable diseases a vaccine could have prevented.

Again,  free vaccinations available in Multnomah County for kids paid for by the county.  I'm on my phone, you can google it yourself.  And congratulations you discovered healthcare costs are going up in the next 5 years, including vaccines.  File that under Duh.

If the healthcare world was determined to make a profit from vaccines, they'd encourage people to NOT get vaccinated and end up in the ICU, where they can make 10,000 times more money giving treatments for preventable diseases a vaccine could have prevented.
So Multnomah residents property taxes pay for the "free" vaccines.  What does that change things?

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:

So Multnomah residents property taxes pay for the "free" vaccines.  What does that change things?
That the whole mandatory vaccination is just an excuse for the government to make money off us that many anti- vaxxers claim is laughable, when the costs of treating these diseases resulting from preventable outbreaks and the human lives lost will be far more costly than the costs of vaccines.

And yes, nothing is truly free but the reality is that people who want freedom of choice just to put the rest of society at risk will cost all of us 1000x more than the vaccines in the long run.  

@"medaille" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:

That the whole mandatory vaccination is just an excuse for the government to make money off us that many anti- vaxxers claim is laughable, when the costs of treating these diseases resulting from preventable outbreaks and the human lives lost will be far more costly than the costs of vaccines.

And yes, nothing is truly free but the reality is that people who want freedom of choice just to put the rest of society at risk will cost all of us 1000x more than the vaccines in the long run.  

Do you think non-vaccinated people need to be rounded up and forced to get vaccines?  Like you're not allowed to go on welfare unless you get your vaccines?  Or you can't get a job without getting vaccinated?  Or no drivers license without a full vaccine schedule?  Can't get social security?  It seems to me that if a few missing people can cause an outbreak, that it would be a big risk to wait until all the people who are undervaccinated die off, before protecting the rest of us, or do you think it's fine to ease into protecting America and just doing babies and young children?