Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT Vaccinations
So Jussie Smollet has gotten old.  Thought on another hot button topic that might get us to FA?
Are we all in agreement that you should vaccinate?  Also thoughts on the new MN bill that would obligate MN parents to vaccinate regardless of religious exceptions?

I think the government forcing its citizens to take
injections of drugs, sounds an awfully lot like 1984.  I think the government is pretty good at taking
bribes lobbying money in exchange for making laws that favor big
pharmaceutical and insurance companies.  Is anyone really happy with how the government is managing our health care system currently?

Do you want Trump or Hillary or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or
whoever your boogie-(wo)man is in control of what gets put into you or your
kids bodies?  This seems like a horrible
precedent to establish.
I think if they're going down this path the least they can do is to eliminate the special vaccine court that was setup to protect them from getting sued.

Tough issue.

One part of me says it's a parents choice to decide for their children. 

And the other part of me says no public schools unless you vax the kid. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Tough issue.

One part of me says it's a parents choice to decide for their children. 

And the other part of me says no public schools unless you vax the kid. 
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

if. vaccinations really. contain. bad. stuff. for. your. kids. thequestion. comes what. is. worse. kids. dieing. of dieses at a. young. age. or. living. a. long life. and. dieing. at. 85. from. something. in. the. vaccines 

I think this latest outbreak in Washington shows how important it is to vaccinate.  Along with the number of immigrants with children coming from dirt poor countries has to increase the risk as well.  That being said I am probably one of the few people with kids that are not vaccinated for good reason.  My daughter is vaccinated but my two steps sons are not.  My wifes daughter from her first marriage was the first child in the United States to have the reaction she did from the polio vaccine.  She was sick right from the time she was vaccinated and died at 18 months.  Because of that she was afraid to vaccinate her two sons she had after that in fear they would also have the same reaction.  

Not sure how in this day and age in 2019 how this is a question that's beyond rhetorical. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Not sure how in this day and age in 2019 how this is a question that's beyond rhetorical. 
I dont know either but we have a few friends who seem to think they shouldnt vaccinate. Ive gotten in to it with them before and this latest outbreak has opened it back up. 

On top of that MN is trying to obligate vacinations with a bill currently in the mn senate. 

This is why I almost never post here anymore. Holy Jesus on ice skates. You see some dummies online discussing the pros and cons, but I thought even here this would be too stupid for debate. This is flat Earth territory.

Vaccinate your kids. If you don't, the government - whoever is running it - should step in and force you to.

No argument. 

Just some questions I have.  Curious to hear the responses.

Does the process of making vaccines mandatory by law, change
who’s liable for damages caused by vaccines? 
Can people sue the government now instead of just the vaccine maker?  If someone is found to be damaged by the
volume of vaccines taken as the schedule, can they sue the CDC or whoever?

Should companies be allowed to patent vaccines that are
mandatory and then charge whatever they want? 
Do we need to regulate the prices of vaccines in a more aggressive
manner?  Do they need be exclusively
generic such that they remain affordable?

Should all immigrants/tourists be forced to be vaccinated if
they are going to be entering our country? 
How about illegal immigrants?  Is
this a topic that builds support for the wall on our southern border?

Should mandatory vaccines be held to a higher safety standard
than voluntary prescription drugs?  Should
they be subject to external government testing to ensure we only get the
highest quality drugs and consistent batches?  Should it be mandated that all studies used in mandatory vaccine development be repeated by an external 3rd party?

Should other preventive care issues be forced upon people?  Their bad health choices definitely affect
others and society at large.