Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the more interesting storylines; What will happen with Teddy Bridgewater?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
This does look like a sticky situation. Apparently the Saints (especially Michael Thomas) have been lobbying hard to keep him (and might even consider franchising him), but Teddy will not want to spend another year behind Brees.

Do you take the starting gig and end up in a bad situation? Or do you stay with the Saints, burn YET another year, but inherit one of the best teams in the NFL? 
Michael Thomas can lobby just like he does to the refs, but I don't think the Saints can franchise Bridgewater for +$25M since Brees' cap hit in 2019 will be over $30M.
We don't know if Bridgewater loves the Saints locker room so much he will sign on the cheap and sit behind Brees, but IMO he should not. I think a lot of the NFL is starting to see him as a career backup like Colt McCoy, and getting a year older will only add to that. Besides, how is he guaranteed to inherit after Brees? Coaches and GMs fall in love with QBs in the draft, Saints will likely want some young star in 2020 - unless he considers Sean Payton a really trustworthy honest guy...

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
This does look like a sticky situation. Apparently the Saints (especially Michael Thomas) have been lobbying hard to keep him (and might even consider franchising him), but Teddy will not want to spend another year behind Brees.

Do you take the starting gig and end up in a bad situation? Or do you stay with the Saints, burn YET another year, but inherit one of the best teams in the NFL? 
Michael Thomas can lobby just like he does to the refs, but I don't think the Saints can franchise Bridgewater for +$25M since Brees' cap hit in 2019 will be over $30M.
We don't know if Bridgewater loves the Saints locker room so much he will sign on the cheap and sit behind Brees, but IMO he should not. I think a lot of the NFL is starting to see him as a career backup like Colt McCoy, and getting a year older will only add to that. Besides, how is he guaranteed to inherit after Brees? Coaches and GMs fall in love with QBs in the draft, Saints will likely want some young star in 2020 - unless he considers Sean Payton a really trustworthy honest guy...
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orleans-sa...129267584/

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orleans-sa...129294313/

@"Jor-El" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Couldn't help but scroll-down and see this doozy of a headline:Saints will face the NFL’s 10th easiest schedule in 2019

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Couldn't help but scroll-down and see this doozy of a headline:Saints will face the NFL’s 10th easiest schedule in 2019
That just pisses me off. 

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

That just pisses me off. 
I think it's a function of playing in the NFC South???
vs. Dallas Cowboys (10-6 in 2018)
vs. Houston Texans (11-5 in 2018)
vs. Indianapolis Colts (10-6 in 2018)
vs. San Francisco 49ers (4-12 in 2018)
vs. Atlanta Falcons (7-9 in 2018)
vs. Carolina Panthers (7-9 in 2018)
vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11 in 2018)
AWAY
at Chicago Bears (12-4 in 2018)
at Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11 in 2018)
at Los Angeles Rams (13-3 in 2018)
at Seattle Seahawks (10-6 in 2018)
at Tennessee Titans (9-7 in 2018)
at Atlanta Falcons (7-9 in 2018)
at Carolina Panthers (7-9 in 2018)
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11 in 2018)

I just don’t see any reasonable way that Bridgewater stays
in New Orleans if there’s a starting offer somewhere.  They can’t afford to tag him.  He’s already been sitting for too many years
and needs to get some legit playing time somewhere.  I’m guessing he’s only going to be able to
get a short term prove it deal yet again anyway.  In my mind it’s more likely that he leaves
and comes back than that he stays as a backup for a couple of years.  Of course, if there’s no starting gigs
available, why not stay there.  No point
being a backup at someplace worse.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not convinced Teddy is going to truly excel as a starter any more.  Does anyone really know what's he's lost, or not lost, because of his injury.  He hasn't played much since coming back.  I think it's going to be interesting to see where he lands and if in fact he will be starting next season.

The best he'll get is a 'compete for starter job' with another candidate. What's he done? How susceptible is that leg to another catostrophic injury? Can he work the ball down the field? Don't know. As with anyone, it'll depend what he has to work with on the team. Set up to succeed or not?

Great kid. What kind of QB he is remains to be seen.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

That just pisses me off. 
I think it's a function of playing in the NFC South???
vs. Dallas Cowboys (10-6 in 2018)
vs. Houston Texans (11-5 in 2018)
vs. Indianapolis Colts (10-6 in 2018)
vs. San Francisco 49ers (4-12 in 2018)
vs. Atlanta Falcons (7-9 in 2018)
vs. Carolina Panthers (7-9 in 2018)
vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11 in 2018)
AWAY
at Chicago Bears (12-4 in 2018)
at Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11 in 2018)
at Los Angeles Rams (13-3 in 2018)
at Seattle Seahawks (10-6 in 2018)
at Tennessee Titans (9-7 in 2018)
at Atlanta Falcons (7-9 in 2018)
at Carolina Panthers (7-9 in 2018)
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11 in 2018)
Jags, 9rs are the only teams,(beside teams in their division) that did not have a winning record.
Falcons would have been 9-7 with a sweep of Saints.
Panthers would have been .500 with a sweep of Saints
Tampa would have been 7-9 with Saints sweep

@"MaroonBells" said:

SP and Brees make a lethal combination no doubt. But as we painfully know, there's just no guarantee year on year in the NFL anymore.

Unless you're the Patriots  :p

That said, Teddy can/should survey opportunities and then weigh that to staying in The Big Easy or not. 

Please look to other pastures---otherwise you are dead to me(Aints no more following 09)