Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Mock From The Draft Network
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
It could happen. I'm not dumb enough to think they won't go BPA in round 1 although they need OL desperately. I've got zero control over it so whatevs.
Literal BPA, as in ignoring need and taking the best player available regardless of position, is largely a myth. I'd say all teams take the best value available among their needs. 

I don’t hate the pick but I’m not excited about it.  It’s not the responsible choice to make.  I do think we need a 4th receiving
target behind Thielen, Diggs, and Rudolph, but I’m not sure how I feel
investing a first round pick in a guy that is going to dictate that our personnel
packages are 2 TE so much.    I think league average usage of 2 TEs is
around 26% and the highest usage teams use 2 TEs around 40% of the time.  League average for 3-4 WRs is 55%.  If we drafted OLine, that player would be on
the field for 100% of snaps unless they get injured or suck.

We already know how the ignoring your OLine but being great
at skill position players paradigm works out. 
If they can fix the OLine (and by fix the OLine I mean making it solid,
not just barely functional) without using the first round pick that’s great, but
it’s a risk, seeing as what happened last year, where we weren’t able to get a
day one starter on the OLine with our second round pick.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I don’t hate the pick but I’m not excited about it.  It’s not the responsible choice to make.  I do think we need a 4th receiving
target behind Thielen, Diggs, and Rudolph, but I’m not sure how I feel
investing a first round pick in a guy that is going to dictate that our personnel
packages are 2 TE so much.    I think league average usage of 2 TEs is
around 26% and the highest usage teams use 2 TEs around 40% of the time.  League average for 3-4 WRs is 55%.  If we drafted OLine, that player would be on
the field for 100% of snaps unless they get injured or suck.

We already know how the ignoring your OLine but being great
at skill position players paradigm works out. 
If they can fix the OLine (and by fix the OLine I mean making it solid,
not just barely functional) without using the first round pick that’s great, but
it’s a risk, seeing as what happened last year, where we weren’t able to get a
day one starter on the OLine with our second round pick.
Agree, and this draft is very deep at TE and WR, especially in rounds 2-4. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
We are going to have to make some moves to clear cap if we want to sign any FAs...our best hope is via the draft and better coaching...And Elf returning to form.
is anyone else freaked out by Elfeins crappy showing this year?  He was worse than our Guards and thats saying something. Makes the Risner crush all the more palatable.  We need several new players

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
We are going to have to make some moves to clear cap if we want to sign any FAs...our best hope is via the draft and better coaching...And Elf returning to form.
is anyone else freaked out by Elfeins crappy showing this year?  He was worse than our Guards and thats saying something. Makes the Risner crush all the more palatable.  We need several new players
Freaked out..no.  concerned,  yes.  Elf wasn't able to work out for most of the offseason so it stands to reason that a player that isn't overly  big to begin with would not be able to bounce right back after that long of a layoff.  He seems like a hard working kid though so I am not nearly as concerned with him as I am at the OG positions.

Hockenson is good but unless they plan on moving Rudolph then why would they carry 4 tight ends. 
Is Conklin already a cut candidate?
In this particular mock, Risner, White, Gary, Wilkins, and Sweat would be players I would take before any tight end.
Wilkins would be at the top of my list followed by Sweat.
If any of  Griffen , Barr, and Richardson are gone then that would inform the pick me more.