Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Mock From The Draft Network
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/18/s...aft-5-0/2/

Heartburn and a bad night of sleep for those demanding a pick on the OL...elation for those looking to add another skill player...

I think I would feel the same with this pick as I did last year with our first round pick... at first I would be like WTF... how can we overlook OL once again,  but then when I start looking at the player its easy to get excited about their future in purple.

I think if we can resign Easton, 1 other free agent interior lineman, and get Collins back in the mix that will take a lot of pressure off the need to draft OL early,  but the team still needs to add at least 2 early round OL in this draft and by passing in the first that just puts more pressure on hitting in the next 3 rounds.

Easton, Collins, FA (Levitre? Paradis?) makes it more trench BPA in the first then reaching on OL. 

Give me 4 lineman with the first 4 picks, OG, OT, DT, DE.  The development of those 4 plus Elf, ONeill, Collins, Eastom, Hunter, Weatherly, Johnson, Holmes will keep this team good and flexible with the cap for years to come. 

I'd love an athletic TE to pair with Diggs/Thielen. But I suspect  DT, maybe LB with the first pick if its not OL.  

Quote: @Skodin said:
Easton, Collins, FA (Levitre? Paradis?) makes it more trench BPA in the first then reaching on OL. 

Give me 4 lineman with the first 4 picks, OG, OT, DT, DE.  The development of those 4 plus Elf, ONeill, Collins, Eastom, Hunter, Weatherly, Johnson, Holmes will keep this team good and flexible with the cap for years to come. 
Im liking this,  except I would be looking for a LB in the first 4 in place of the DE most likely, really depends on what they do with Griff and how they view their youngsters behind Hunter and Weatherly.

We'd definitely be hitting on a strength position in this draft...I think my reaction would mirror Jimmy’s...I'd expect two lineman for Steph and Kubes Day 2...

Hockensen is a helluva tight end, but unless we somehow acquire a couple of offensive lineman in free agency, I just don't see the wisdom in taking a player who will not help us much in 2019. 

It could happen. I'm not dumb enough to think they won't go BPA in round 1 although they need OL desperately. I've got zero control over it so whatevs.

TE is my own dark horse prediction for our first round pick (though I have banged the table for OL). I think the Vikings' offseason mantra this year is not strictly "build the offensive line", but "help Cousins succeed". Who was a key weapon for Cousins in CD? Jordan Reed, a fast TE who could line up like a WR. If the Vikings feel Hockensen - or Fant or Smith - can have an immediate impact, possibly be the #3 receiver they tried to push Treadwell to be, they would pick him. Another factor would be that drafting a TE would be a strong weapon in pushing Kyle Rudolph to restructure his contract.
Related note - I wonder if the Vikings might sign Maxx Williams in free agency? He will probably be cheap and still young.

We are going to have to make some moves to clear cap if we want to sign any FAs...our best hope is via the draft and better coaching...And Elf returning to form.