Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously: Why is Brady hated?
Tom is not hated, he is (envied) it is the emotion of coveting what someone else has.

[Image: fwhev7k35aqu.jpeg]
Let me get back to you on that...  Wink B)  

It's human nature. We all envy certain people who are more rich, famous, better-looking, athletic, smarter, etc. Anyone who denies that is just lying to themself.

I've always been baffled by how people could hate Derek Jeter....having been born and raised in the Bronx (and witness to the worst stretch of Yankee's Baseball, late '60s to mid '70s), this dude NEVER did anything other than give full effort, actually succeed in clutch moments, win Championships and managed to NEVER be arrested......for ANYTHING. IN NEW YORK CITY. He never trash talked, boasted or whined about bad calls. Always gave credit to the other team after a loss and always took the responsibility for not playing better himself. NEVER threw a teammate under the bus, no matter how deserved.  And yet there are millions of people that HATE him. Go figure.

The constant media barrage of Brady and the Patriots, especially in this age of 24/7 instatwit bullshit, just adds to that inate human nature of ENVY. It's also no coincidence that ESPN HQ is based in Connecticut, PRIME BOSTON/NEW ENGLAND territory. Don't think for a second that THAT doesn't matter.

BTW, Giselle's angular, sharp look doesn't do it for me. She currently looks like a dude that trannied. I'm one of these old fashioned guys that likes women who are, I don't know how to say it, maybe feminine? And that means more than just having tits....Bruce/Caitlan has a pair of those and that doesn't make he/she a woman OR attractive. Tall and sharply skeletal ain't sexy. JMO. As John Wayne said, "Pilgrim, it ain't no fun riding a boney horse". 

IDGAS if that's PC or not, just stating my personal preference.

1.  I've got serious Patriot/Brady Super Bowl fatigue
2.  He and the Patriots have been "king of the mountain" for seemly most of my adult life.  As a competitive guy, I want to see the "Kings of the mountain" knocked off the damn mountain.
3.  I'm not sure the whole "deflate gate" thing was that big of a deal, but it was definitely another bullseye painted on both him and the team after the previous scandals and cheating allegations that everyone knows occurred.
4.  A simple walk through the history books shows how BAD their division has been for most of their run.  I believe that if they played in just about any other division in football, their legacy wouldn't be half of what it is today.  Granted, that isn't their fault.  But they've almost been assured a playoff spot and shot at the SB every single year by default.
5.  BB just comes across as a smug ass.  He's obviously a coaching savant, but he doesn't make himself easy to cheer for.  
6.  I like to cheer for guys like Fitz, Teddy, Adam.  Hell, even Favre when he was on the Packers was FAR more easily cheered for than Brady is.  These guys come across as blue collar, one of us, players of the people.  That isn't a Brady description at all.  
7.  Whether it's true or not, it seems as if the start of all the "stupid rules" that have started to ruin football started with Brady and the Pats.  Hits on the QB, the Tuck rule, etc.     

Quote: @njvike said:
It's human nature. We all envy certain people who are more rich, famous, better-looking, athletic, smarter, etc. Anyone who denies that is just lying to themself.

I've always been baffled by how people could hate Derek Jeter....having been born and raised in the Bronx (and witness to the worst stretch of Yankee's Baseball, late '60s to mid '70s), this dude NEVER did anything other than give full effort, actually succeed in clutch moments, win Championships and managed to NEVER be arrested......for ANYTHING. IN NEW YORK CITY. He never trash talked, boasted or whined about bad calls. Always gave credit to the other team after a loss and always took the responsibility for not playing better himself. NEVER threw a teammate under the bus, no matter how deserved.  And yet there are millions of people that HATE him. Go figure.

The constant media barrage of Brady and the Patriots, especially in this age of 24/7 instatwit bullshit, just adds to that inate human nature of ENVY. It's also no coincidence that ESPN HQ is based in Connecticut, PRIME BOSTON/NEW ENGLAND territory. Don't think for a second that THAT doesn't matter.

BTW, Giselle's angular, sharp look doesn't do it for me. She currently looks like a dude that trannied. I'm one of these old fashioned guys that likes women who are, I don't know how to say it, maybe feminine? And that means more than just having tits....Bruce/Caitlan has a pair of those and that doesn't make he/she a woman OR attractive. Tall and sharply skeletal ain't sexy. JMO. As John Wayne said, "Pilgrim, it ain't no fun riding a boney horse". 

I was with ya 'til your comment about Giselle.  The Jeter comparison (or, maybe Lebron would fit in that category, too) seems pretty apt to me.

I used to hate Michael Jordan.  And it was for the same reason that (I assume) people hate Tom.  Granted, if you look hard enough, you can find *something* to justify those feelings... but, for me, it was the non-stop coverage and the unparalleled success.  
Thankfully, the Patriots are my 2nd favorite team... so I don't mind all they coverage.  Shoot, they deserve it.

Quote: @AllBS said:
1.  I've got serious Patriot/Brady Super Bowl fatigue
2.  He and the Patriots have been "king of the mountain" for seemly most of my adult life.  As a competitive guy, I want to see the "Kings of the mountain" knocked off the damn mountain.
3.  I'm not sure the whole "deflate gate" thing was that big of a deal, but it was definitely another bullseye painted on both him and the team after the previous scandals and cheating allegations that everyone knows occurred.
4.  A simple walk through the history books shows how BAD their division has been for most of their run.  I believe that if they played in just about any other division in football, their legacy wouldn't be half of what it is today.  Granted, that isn't their fault.  But they've almost been assured a playoff spot and shot at the SB every single year by default.
5.  BB just comes across as a smug ass.  He's obviously a coaching savant, but he doesn't make himself easy to cheer for.  
6.  I like to cheer for guys like Fitz, Teddy, Adam.  Hell, even Favre when he was on the Packers was FAR more easily cheered for than Brady is.  These guys come across as blue collar, one of us, players of the people.  That isn't a Brady description at all.  
7.  Whether it's true or not, it seems as if the start of all the "stupid rules" that have started to ruin football started with Brady and the Pats.  Hits on the QB, the Tuck rule, etc.     
This talk about bad division is every where lately.

If it was not for the Pats Beating the other 3 teams twice a year what would their records look like?

Is it possible those 3 having to play NE twice a year has made their records look bad?

Not going to check each season to see if Pats beat them twice, just assuming they must with all the bad division talk.

2018 assuming these teams could have beaten Pats twice, their record would have been
Phins 9-7
Bills 8-8
Jets 6-10
So in that division (3) Pats and 2 other teams could have ended with better records than MN.

Same assumption as above they could have been
Bills 11-5
Phins 8-8
Jets 7-9

Phins 12-4
Bills 9-7
Jets 7-9

Jets 12-4
Bills 10-6
Phins 8-8

Bills 11-5
Phins 10-6
Jets 6-10

PM was a pretty good QB for Colts, Why didn't he play in more SB's?
He couldn't beat the Pats in playoffs.

I only cheer for perpetual almost but not quite good enough.  That's why I'm a Vikings fan. The Patriots are perpetual winners. Nothing to love there

I don't hate Brady. I find him and Belichick annoying as hell. I do agree that the cheating and cover up attempts make them less admirable. I am just over the same shit different day. I can't wait until someone else is in the mix. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
@njvike said:

I was with ya 'til your comment about Giselle.  The Jeter comparison (or, maybe Lebron would fit in that category, too) seems pretty apt to me.

I used to hate Michael Jordan.  And it was for the same reason that (I assume) people hate Tom.  Granted, if you look hard enough, you can find *something* to justify those feelings... but, for me, it was the non-stop coverage and the unparalleled success.  
Thankfully, the Patriots are my 2nd favorite team... so I don't mind all they coverage.  Shoot, they deserve it.
Hi. My name is Ralphie and I'm jealous of the New England Patriots.  This is my first meeting of the Secret Patriots Admirers Anonymous.

It all started in 1996....the competitive teams, playoff appearances...year in and year out.  A team that not only drafts smart but knows when to jettison over the hill players and never seems to overpay for veteran talent.

And probably the smartest professional football coach in history. He has a consistent approach and gets "buy-in" from players and staff even in the face of an ever-changing league, free agency and media scrutiny.

So, yeah, I'll be cheering for the Patriots tomorrow. 

Thank you.

I really don't get it either. He has been paid much less and in general just seems to want to win championships, not division titles. Truthfully I think Rodgers has been slobbered over much more than Brady ever has and How many big games has he won?