Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously: Why is Brady hated?
Most SBs that included the Patriots, I have cheered against them. Maybe it's just that I appreciate that Brady has now moved into "middle age" range, but really, why is he so disliked?
Cheating: He almost certainly has, to some degree. But how do his infractions compare to Bountygate? A lot of former players' remarks indicate that things like ball deflation were practiced by other players aside from Brady. Losing teams don't get the scrutiny winners do.
Weariness: I think a lot of people just get tired of the same people dominating a sport for long periods. So, did everyone hate Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky?
Another thing is that Brady has not succeeded in the NFL because he has physical gifts that are nearly a freak of nature like John Elway, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, etc. A lot of elite QBs won a genetic lottery. Brady wins because of his head - he's smart. Why don't we appreciate success that comes from being smart and working hard?
Interested to hear where others are on this topic, thanks.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4083700]
If he brought the multiple division crowns / SB titles to Minny, somehow I don't think I'd hate him.

For Me?  Yeah.....Seeing the Pats every year gets old...REALLY old.My daughter has a dance competition on Sunday in Thousand Oaks...Doubt I'll watch the game.

A few reasons, I think:

1. He's been a prolific winner, but its not that that irks many, its the non-stop media glorification that wears thin. Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, Patriots, Patriots, Brady, etc. ad nauseam. But going to 9 Superbowls keeps you in the focus.
  2. The 24/7 sports news cycle. Everything everywhere all the time.
  3. He's very handsome and married to a super model. You'd think the football bro fans would like that more, but some seem envious.
  4. Lastly, the alleged cheating by him and the team. 
I really don't think he's as disliked at Belichick. 

Because he's ruining another Super Bowl for me. I'm tired of watching that team every year. I want to watch someone new and he won't let me. I could have gotten excited for LA vs KC...but nooo. Thanks Tom. (sarcasm voice)

Dislike, not hate. 

I hear it all of the time "He's married to a super model" like that's every man's dream.

Not me. That's a nightmare. Spending a long weekend in Hawaii with a super model.....sign me up. Marriage? No way.

And it shows, IMO. Most of the time he looks like he doesn't dress himself. He always has these "trendy" hairstyles. If that what he enjoys, more power to him. There's no way I'd put up with that.

He just seems like a hen-pecked pussy. 

Kenny Stabler is more my type.

for me it was more like I dont care...until all the cheating reports came out,  from spygate to deflate gate it taints his legacy IMO as much as it does belicheats.  I have no doubt that he is a great player,  but if he was so great... why did they need to cheat?   and there is the talking heads that non stop bob on his knob... weve heard it all before and inspite of the cheating they just keep on talking like he walks on water... its been Tom Brady for so long I am ready for the story line to change.

For me it isn’t even the cheating but the ridiculous attempt to try to cover it up. Look we all know you did it, we know why you did it, but the cting like how dare you accuse me of it bullshit is what bothered me. But he learned from belicheck who acted the same way about spygate. 

I dont hate Brady or Belichek or the Patriots.  I do have a preference that more teams that have never won a SB would get a win rather than the same handful of teams winning all the time, but that's a pretty soft preference.  I also think Boston has won more than enough titles across various sports.  Their fans probably don't deserve any more titles for another 50 years.  I don't really think it makes the game boring or anything though.

If the Vikings aren't in a Super Bowl, I think it's about seeing something memorable. We're probably watching an athlete reaching achievements that no others will for a long time, if ever. 4 QBs have won 3 or more, 3 have won 4, and Brady has won 5. He could make it 6 - think anyone else will get to that level?
What's more memorable than seeing someone win their 6th SB? Do you think we'll look back in 20 years and think, "Oh that was the one where Jared Goff won his only Super Bowl.."?

I actually admire Brady and the Pats.  Sure as wish it the Vikes everyone was hating on.