Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Are you kidding me?!
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Yeah...saw that on the news.

takes me way back to elementary school....3rd grade....Mrs. Prescotts class...
and sweet little Karen Nelson.....my first real crush....sigh....

....nervously handing her her one of those boxes of hearts...scotch taped to one of those cheap punch out HR Puffenstuff cards....thinking of just the right thing to write...

...finally summoning up the courage to finally write on there......"let's hump"

-JK

Just out of my own warp curiosity, how did that work out for you anyways?  lol 

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
Necco has had real financial issues. Does anyone actually buy those things for Valentine's Day? If you've ever had Necco wafers in the tube....they are garbage. There are SO many great confections out there now. Sweethearts aren't good candy by any stretch, but people do like them because of the words on them.
lol! 

Yes they are...But they were the garbage of our childhood damn it! 

Yeah, I'm not a super nostalgic dude. I've always been a more 'in the moment' person. The candy today is off the charts better than the candy of our youth. Whenever my parents would go visiting friends or family when I was young, everyone had out a candy dish of hard candy. Remember that? Butterscotch, ribbon, etc. I'd accidentally swallow some and choke and my Mom would have to turn me upside down to get it dislodged, lol. No Heimlich maneuver back then!!  :p. How's that for nostalgia?? lol

You are generally right of course, but I still like saltwater taffy and tootsie rolls.  I think the taffy today is likely much better than that of my grandparents age with improved flavoring.

I only get super-nostalgic over a few things anymore...

Schwinn stingray bikes! Who remembers them?

Ok, enough old geezer shit - This isn't any high-end stuff, but Snickers now has maple butter, Peanut Butter and Almond Butter bites. Very good, I love maple and so that scratches an itch only a Nut Goodie used to be able to do. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
Necco has had real financial issues. Does anyone actually buy those things for Valentine's Day? If you've ever had Necco wafers in the tube....they are garbage. There are SO many great confections out there now. Sweethearts aren't good candy by any stretch, but people do like them because of the words on them.
lol! 

Yes they are...But they were the garbage of our childhood damn it! 

Yeah, I'm not a super nostalgic dude. I've always been a more 'in the moment' person. The candy today is off the charts better than the candy of our youth. Whenever my parents would go visiting friends or family when I was young, everyone had out a candy dish of hard candy. Remember that? Butterscotch, ribbon, etc. I'd accidentally swallow some and choke and my Mom would have to turn me upside down to get it dislodged, lol. No Heimlich maneuver back then!!  :p. How's that for nostalgia?? lol

You are generally right of course, but I still like saltwater taffy and tootsie rolls.  I think the taffy today is likely much better than that of my grandparents age with improved flavoring.

I only get super-nostalgic over a few things anymore...

Schwinn stingray bikes! Who remembers them?

Ok, enough old geezer shit - This isn't any high-end stuff, but Snickers now has maple butter, Peanut Butter and Almond Butter bites. Very good, I love maple and so that scratches an itch only a Nut Goodie used to be able to do. 

I do!  Awsome bike. I got the cheaper Huffy version which was just the same visually. Just more affordable for my blue collar dad. Back then Huffy was made in Connecticut and not bad. I found an old Huffy beach cruiser at an estate sale. Put some new rubber on it and it's back on the road. Take it over any overpriced Chinese made one today.
You remember the 1st time you slide off the seat and racked your boys on the shifter? Ah memories....

Listen: if you aren't eating ice cream, you aren't doing life right. Its the best shit in the world. Nobody on their death bed wish they'd have eaten less ice cream. My pearl o' bullshit this Friday morning. And you can still be pretty healthy and eat ice cream, just pick your spots: so I may go 4-5 weeks without having any ice cream, then I'll pick a time and eat a 48 oz container in two days. My wife always marvels at how disciplined I can be with eating and than what a pig I am when I want to be.  :3

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Listen: if you aren't eating ice cream, you aren't doing life right. Its the best shit in the world. Nobody on their death bed wish they'd have eaten less ice cream. My pearl o' bullshit this Friday morning.
and not that frozen yogurt bull shit either... real damn ice cream!

Listen: if you aren't eating ice cream, you aren't doing life right. Its the best shit in the world. Nobody on their death bed wish they'd have eaten less ice cream. My pearl o' bullshit this Friday morning. And you can still be pretty healthy and eat ice cream, just pick your spots: so I may go 4-5 weeks without having any ice cream, then I'll pick a time and eat a 48 oz container in two days. My wife always marvels at how disciplined I can be with eating and than what a pig I am when I want to be.  :3

ICE CREAM IS THE BOMB!!!

I tend not to buy it because it is a weakness.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
I tend not to buy it because it is a weakness.
I totally get that.

fun fact for friday... there are as many calories in 3 bites (tablespoons) of ben and jerries chunky monkey ice cream as there is in 125 blue berries, or 1 bananna,  or 25 strawberries,  or a pound of spinach, or 1.75 oreos,  or .75 recees peanut butter cups,  or .3 of a mcdonalds cheese burger. .... and a bunch of other shit I wouldnt eat anyway.

edit:  and vanilla for me most of the time.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Yeah...saw that on the news.

takes me way back to elementary school....3rd grade....Mrs. Prescotts class...
and sweet little Karen Nelson.....my first real crush....sigh....

....nervously handing her her one of those boxes of hearts...scotch taped to one of those cheap punch out HR Puffenstuff cards....thinking of just the right thing to write...

...finally summoning up the courage to finally write on there......"let's hump"

-JK

Just out of my own warp curiosity, how did that work out for you anyways?  lol 

She had the hots for my best friend Danny.
Heartless Bitch