Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Chiefs defense leaves a lot to be desired...
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
Yup.  And why I knew they wouldn't be playing in February.  Great offenses and these "young offensive geniuses", still need to know how to get a three and out once in a while.  
In all fairness, the Chiefs game did go into overtime. And they are playing the GOAT in both HC and QB, too in New England. One young 'offensive genius' is in the Superbowl (McVay). Wouldn't dump on them quite yet. 
and I wouldnt exactly call Reid/Bieneniemy "young"

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
Yup.  And why I knew they wouldn't be playing in February.  Great offenses and these "young offensive geniuses", still need to know how to get a three and out once in a while.  
Andy isn't that young, and McVay is going to SB vs old man Peyton going.

They couldn't stop the run. Lord knows Vikings fans know that feeling over the years.
In fairness, the Pats only scored 14 in the first half and the explosive offense of the Chiefs only scored 0.
Chiefs left way too much time for Brady at the end. And the Chiefs couldn't get much pressure, nor cover Edelman.
As mentioned, a lot like the 98 Vikings and Denny Green teams.

Quote: @"holmanjp" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
Not a comment on Reid per se but the rest of the new breed of offensive wunderkinds that the league is enamored with.  Again, nothing wrong in averaging 35 points but not giving up 38 is nice.

well the vikings defense sure isnt winning any titles either. for all the good stats, could not get a stop against any of the good teams they played in 2018.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"holmanjp" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
Not a comment on Reid per se but the rest of the new breed of offensive wunderkinds that the league is enamored with.  Again, nothing wrong in averaging 35 points but not giving up 38 is nice.
I am a long standing card carrying member of the Defense Wins Championships Organization.... but its hard to argue against  the top offenses were in the championship games and the top defenses are playing golf.

Reid got outcoached plain and simple. The weakness with his O-Line was in the middle, especially with their RG with the two french last names being out.

So Belicheat runs games and sends extra rushers straight up the gut the whole first half and Reid/Bienemy kept dialing up long shots instead of attackin the Patriots on the boundaries.

If Brees had seen that Defense he would have thrown a dozen passes to Kamara until Belicheat reacted.

Now maybe Mahomes was too gunslinger but a lot of those plays in the first half were designed to go deep to either a double covered Hill or Kelce.

If Andy had adjusted before halftime the Chiefs would have put up a lot more points.

There's a reason his Championship Game record stinks and we saw it last night.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
They couldn't stop the run. Lord knows Vikings fans know that feeling over the years.
In fairness, the Pats only scored 14 in the first half and the explosive offense of the Chiefs only scored 0.
Chiefs left way too much time for Brady at the end. And the Chiefs couldn't get much pressure, nor cover Edelman.
Way too much time.  And then inexplicably opted to kick the tying FG with plenty of time left for another shot at the endzone.  When it came down to it, he trusted his D more than his young QB?  Or maybe he counted on winning the coin toss.
Understand that a sack ended the game, but something quick to the endzone?  Thought that was playing scared. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
Way too much time.  And then inexplicably opted to kick the tying FG with plenty of time left for another shot at the endzone.  When it came down to it, he trusted his D more than his young QB?  Or maybe he counted on winning the coin toss.
Understand that a sack ended the game, but something quick to the endzone?  Thought that was playing scared. 
That's what I thought too. It looked like they were playing for the tie, and it bit them in the arse.

Ouch...

[Image: screen-shot-2019-01-21-at-3.14.29-pm.jpg?w=1000&h=558]