Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Chiefs defense leaves a lot to be desired...
Yah the GOAT has carved-up many a D over the years, but Reid needs to tinker with that D and scheme some this off-season. 

Nothing new there,  they've been that way all season.  27th against the run 31st against the pass.  Run would likely be worse except teams would have to abandon it early to try and keep up with that Chiefs offense.  

50 TDs and 5000 yards makes up for a lot of defensive deficiencies in today's NFL QB rules world. 

I honestly expect them to spend more time looking for a replacement for Hunt on the offensive side of the ball and maybe some better wide outs that are crisper in their routes opposite of Hill so that teams cant load the box and double Hill.  They needed to get their receivers in motion at the snap more than they did last night,  that sideline opposite of Hill was there all night the way the pats were playing D.  Reids biggest failure was not taking a page from belicheat and to keep doing something until the opposition changes what they are doing to stop it.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
50 TDs and 5000 yards makes up for a lot of defensive deficiencies in today's NFL QB rules world. 
No doubt..

And KC with Mahomes will most likely win a SB someday. Maybe I've been too jaded (scarred?) by history, but last nights AFC CG smacked of 98 to me. 

Great offense, mediocre D - same result too. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
No doubt..

And KC with Mahomes will most likely win a SB someday. Maybe I've been too jaded (scarred?) by history, but last nights AFC CG smacked of 98 to me. 

Great offense, mediocre D - same result too. 
I was thinking of 98 as well... when the Chiefs kicker was lining up the game tying FG and they flashed the stat about him being perfect inside of 40 at Arrowhead on the season... yep,  I thought for sure it was over at that point... might as well have been,  I still dont understand why Reid didnt use those timeouts to try and give his D a little reset,  its not like he needed to save them for anything.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Nothing new there,  they've been that way all season.  27th against the run 31st against the pass.  Run would likely be worse except teams would have to abandon it early to try and keep up with that Chiefs offense.  
How many of those yards/points were allowed in 4th quarter when they were up multiple scores already?

Quote: @"holmanjp" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
How many of those yards/points were allowed in 4th quarter when they were up multiple scores already?
without looking I cant say,  but I can say the Chiefs D was about as bad in the 2nd quarter as they were in the 4th Quarter for allowing scoring,  I think the quick strike offense would often leave them on the field to much (of course they could help themselves by getting off the field sooner)  they are good by looking at some stats,  but just watching them they are a very basic defense which relies to much on athleticism and not enough on scheme to get pressure and make plays.  they are pretty much going to do what they show pre snap.

Yup.  And why I knew they wouldn't be playing in February.  Great offenses and these "young offensive geniuses", still need to know how to get a three and out once in a while.  

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
Yup.  And why I knew they wouldn't be playing in February.  Great offenses and these "young offensive geniuses", still need to know how to get a three and out once in a while.  
In all fairness, the Chiefs game did go into overtime. And they are playing the GOAT in both HC and QB, too in New England. One young 'offensive genius' is in the Superbowl (McVay). Wouldn't dump on them quite yet.