Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like McCarthy, I Too Will Sit Out 2019... Maybe...
thoughts and prayers your way!!

Hang tough amigo...take care of yourself.

One day at a time.  I think you'll play this smart, and see if you really "have" to leave or not before jumpng ship.  I've been through these "mergers" before, and I know it's no fun.  Good luck, Barr.

Good Luck, my friend

Hope you can make it to Asheville. One of my favorite party towns. We make a trip or two every year. 

Best of luck with your medical issues.

Man, I hope it all works for you. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Go on meth and get a job at any fast food restaurant you can find.  I say fast food because after working there you won't want to eat anything bad for you and the ethical is so you will fit in at your new job and have something in common to discuss with your Co workers around the back door at break time.

Good luck,  fingers crossed for ya.
Breaking BarrNone?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Found out yesterday that the owner of the company is selling to one of our competitors. We will all find out in 8 days if we are going to receive offer letters. I'm pretty certain they won't be keeping two IT staffs, and our staff is a tenth the size of the acquiring company...so...yeah...but on the plus side I'm a 58 year old white male with 20 year of experience as a Business Analyst...so I've got that  going for me...which is nice...

Prior to my heart attack last September, the plan was to put the house on the market at the start of 2019 and relocate to Asheville. But the need for insurance coverage kept me here. So, if you happen to have a six  month supply of Brelinta (this med keeps my stint from collapsing) on hand you are willing to part with for cheap, let me know. Wink 
Hey, I'm very sorry to hear this. I truly hope things work out for you. I can empathize. My wife and I have dealt with job loss, cancer, death of a parent, close aunt and uncle over the past 18 months. 

Stay strong. I'd kinda miss you calling me an a-hole! 

Seriously, my prayers are with you, for whatever that's worth. 

Barr, I’m pulling for ya my friend. If you bring half as much to work as you bring to this board, they wont want to lose you!  Let us know how its going, ok?

You’ve got this Barr! Us 58 year olds have got to stick together ya know!