Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson possible candidate for Vikes OC
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
i honestly dont care who the OC is,  but if we dont get a competent OL coach I am going to flip shit.   I liked TS,  but I wasnt even convinced that he was the right man for the job.  Our OL has been bad for damn near a decade, part of that is not having quality to work with,  but part of that has to go on the coaching because even a bad GM will find a few later round gems here or there that just need coaching up.
Its been brought up but I long for the days that Mike Tice was our OL coach.  That guy got it done.  Plus as a side benefit you could purchase Superbowl tickets from him. 

Hue Jackson, Todd Downing are prolly our two top possibilities given our coaching contract situation

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@TBro said:
As mentioned in another thread, if we are going with retreads, I would rather have Gase, Mularkey, and a whole host of other options before I would look at Hue Jackson. 
The reports were the players in Miami hated Gase.  Give me some Mularkey if we're going that way
Gase did have success with Manning in Denver so he has at least proven he can work with a Veteran QB. We all know what Mularkey brings to the table. Zimmer would love his smashmouth style of offense. Mayfield hated Jackson. I could see Downing taking over as the full time QB coach since he has served in the role many times before but I have no idea who Stefanski wants for that position and OLine if he decides to stay with the Vikings. I still think he is our best option. Hopefully Zimmer lets him coach without any filters but I don't see it happening. The Noose continues to tighten around his neck and I see him micro managing any OC in this do or die contract year. 

Fits the profile here. Failed head coach looking for a job. 
Norv, Pat and now Hue.
Screwy, Shu'y and  Huey. 

Can't find anyone that failed in one or even multiple spots but kept getting chances and was successful in the right situation right?

Fans are so smart that Bevel and Musgrave should never have gotten another chance.

And then they did get another chance. And another, and another.

Pete Carroll was a disaster in NE. So was Belicheat in Cleveland.

Context matters. Maybe the GM or Owner told Hue to sit Baker to start the season. Maybe just being the HC of one of the losingest teams ever caused him to lose the locker room. Maybe he's just an idiot who couldn't figure how to get Duke Johnson involved in the passing game.

You know how the Vikings WON'T find some of those answers? By not speaking with him.

I'm a Recruiter for one of the most recognizable companies in the world. I talk to everyone who's qualified and interested. Hue is qualified. He should be interviewed if he's even interested in working for El Chappo, I mean Mike Zimmer.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Can't find anyone that failed in one or even multiple spots but kept getting chances and was successful in the right situation right?

Fans are so smart that Bevel and Musgrave should never have gotten another chance.

And then they did get another chance. And another, and another.

Pete Carroll was a disaster in NE. So was Belicheat in Cleveland.

Context matters. Maybe the GM or Owner told Hue to sit Baker to start the season. Maybe just being the HC of one of the losingest teams ever caused him to lose the locker room. Maybe he's just an idiot who couldn't figure how to get Duke Johnson involved in the passing game.

You know how the Vikings WON'T find some of those answers? By not speaking with him.

I'm a Recruiter for one of the most recognizable companies in the world. I talk to everyone who's qualified and interested. Hue is qualified. He should be interviewed if he's even interested in working for El Chappo, I mean Mike Zimmer.
In the end, it won't really matter who the OC is. We are not fixing our issues in one offseason with this Front Office and Coaching Staff. It will be another year of missing the playoffs and they will be shown the door. We will be lucky to go 8-8 next year with our road schedule, and that will not cut it in the NFC. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
i honestly dont care who the OC is,  but if we dont get a competent OL coach I am going to flip shit.   I liked TS,  but I wasnt even convinced that he was the right man for the job.  Our OL has been bad for damn near a decade, part of that is not having quality to work with,  but part of that has to go on the coaching because even a bad GM will find a few later round gems here or there that just need coaching up.
And when they finally do find a late round gem (Colby Gossett) they let him leave for nothing to go and start for another team. He had to have been better than Compton or Remmers. I just don't get this teams thinking at times.

no

F

no

PA said he has it from good authority that HJ isnt getting hired for the OC position.  Rooney rule situation?