Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait, am I missing some context? Or is this to be taken @ face value?
An administration official told CNN later Saturday that the President was "obviously kidding," and White House trade adviser Peter Navarro said Sunday that the remark was made in jest. 
"Come on now, that was tongue in cheek," Navarro told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union." "That was a light moment for him at a rally."

But acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf said the President's comments reflected his "frustration" with the relentless focus on the increasing Covid-19 case count in America. 

"What you heard from the President was frustration -- frustration in the sense of that we are testing, I believe we've tested over 25 million Americans. We've tested more than any other country in this world," Wolf said during an interview Sunday on CBS' "Face the Nation." "Instead, the press and others, all they want to focus on is an increasing case count.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104...worldwide/

This is easy enough to tell if Trump's lying about stopping testing.  This is from the CDC site. 
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/testing-in-us.html
Updated June 19, 2020
TOTAL TESTS
TOTAL TESTS REPORTED

I'll post the #'s when it is updated next. 

Quote: @savannahskol said:
This is easy enough to tell if Trump's lying about stopping testing.  This is from the CDC site. 
Updated June 19, 2020
TOTAL TESTS
TOTAL TESTS REPORTED

This is just crazy. Ofcourse they have tested more people. Countries can't test people they don't have.
Can you share the per capita numbers? This is an accurate reflection when you compare country by country. You can't compare a country with 330 million plus people with a country of 90 million plus. The per capita is used as a normalizing factor. You know this.
What he said is just lying to the people and using numbers to sell a false narrative. You should know better...

Quote: As of June 19, 2020, Portugal had performed the sixth most COVID-19 tests per one million population among the countries most severely impacted by the pandemic. Portugal has conducted over 1 million COVID-19 tests and has a population of approximately 10.2 million inhabitants. So, for every one million inhabitants, around 101,200 tests are conducted.
Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/#statisticContainer

The US is 10th with 80,755
UAE303,457
Qatar110,289
Russia107,445
UK106,956
Spain103,232
Portugal101,227
Singapore98,514
Belgium91,135
Belarus84,707
USA80,755
Italy79,908
Canada60,837
Germany60,038

Quote: @mblack said:
@savannahskol said:
Updated June 19, 2020
TOTAL TESTS
TOTAL TESTS REPORTED

This is just crazy. Ofcourse they have tested more people. Countries can't test people they don't have.
Can you share the per capita numbers? This is an accurate reflection when you compare country by country. You can't compare a country with 360 million plus people with a country of 90 million plus. The per capita is used as a normalizing factor. You know this.
What he said is just lying to the people and using numbers to sell a false narrative. You should know better...

Quote:But while the US has performed the highest total number of tests worldwide, it does not have the highest rate of testing per capita. When it comes to tests performed per number of residents, the US lags behind Italy, Canada, and the UK.
Source: business insider
This is exactly right...But SSkol and the US Homeland Security Secretary choose to preach from a hymnal that doesn't tell the real story. 

If Country A with a population of 100 tests 80 people and Country B with a population of 10,000 tests 150 people, who wins???

See statistica link (above) which looks at testing per 1,000,000 hh's. US aint #1, #2, #3, #4 or #5. US is #10 as of yesterday. 

That doesnt even take into account how quickly it took to ramp-up testing to begin with.  But thats the states, problem and the buck stopped there. Not with the Feds lol! 

I live less than 100 miles from Tulsa.  My girlfriend works in a clinic and does testing for Covid-19 patients.  Tulsa is one of the biggest hot spots for C-19 in the entire country.  I watched the entire rally live last night. 

Joking or not, it’s fucking completely irresponsible.  You are the President in the midst of a pandemic for fuck’s sakes.  Trump could have made a more serious message that testing will get the economy and our lives back to normal, but he didn’t.  Very few attendees at that rally wore masks, nor did they socially distance.  Why?

Because Trump has joked about it and not taken it serious from the start, and his cult of supporters take ALL their cues from him.  They are FAR more worried about Antifa showing up than Covid 19.

Covid-19 deaths:  nearly 120,000
Antifa:  0

And of course Savannah chimes in with his cherry picked data to verify the claim of the most tests, what the fuck are you and Trump trying to prove??  No shit Sherlock, we have the most tests done as we are a country of 300 million.  We also have the most deaths in the world.  Yay!  Seems to reason we had better be testing more than anyone else.  

His base is too fucking stubborn and stupid to realize he is literally using them as political pawns to put their lives in danger just to get votes.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
I live less than 100 miles from Tulsa.  My girlfriend wirks in a clinic and does testing for Covid-19 patients.  Tulsa is one ofnthr biggest hot spots for C-19 in the wntire country.

Joking or not, it’s fucking completely irresponsible.  Very few attendees at that rally wore masks, nor did they socially distance.  Why?

Because Trump has joked about it and not taken it serious from the start, and his cult of supporters takes ALL their cues from him.  They are FAR more worried about Antifa showing up than Covid 19.

It’s why that piece of shit and his enablers need to be thrown out of office.  He downplays a real threat that killed 120,000  Anericans in 4 months, but puts the fear of God into white people that Antifa who hasn’t killed anyone in decades is the real threat.

And of course Savannah chimes in with his cherry picked data to verify the claim of the most tests, what the fuck are you and Trump trying to prove??  No shit Sherlock, we have the most tests done as we are a country of 300 million.  We also have the most deaths in the world.  Yay!  Seems to reason we had better be testing more than anyone else.  So much winning.

His base is too fucking stubborn and stupid to realize he is literally using them as political pawns to put their lives in danger just to get votes.
Is the tragedy of Greenwood finally making the history books there?

A dark, dark day in American history @SF..

https://www.theringer.com/2018/6/28/1751...tion-tulsa

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@SFVikeFan said:
I live less than 100 miles from Tulsa.  My girlfriend wirks in a clinic and does testing for Covid-19 patients.  Tulsa is one ofnthr biggest hot spots for C-19 in the wntire country.

Joking or not, it’s fucking completely irresponsible.  Very few attendees at that rally wore masks, nor did they socially distance.  Why?

Because Trump has joked about it and not taken it serious from the start, and his cult of supporters takes ALL their cues from him.  They are FAR more worried about Antifa showing up than Covid 19.

It’s why that piece of shit and his enablers need to be thrown out of office.  He downplays a real threat that killed 120,000  Anericans in 4 months, but puts the fear of God into white people that Antifa who hasn’t killed anyone in decades is the real threat.

And of course Savannah chimes in with his cherry picked data to verify the claim of the most tests, what the fuck are you and Trump trying to prove??  No shit Sherlock, we have the most tests done as we are a country of 300 million.  We also have the most deaths in the world.  Yay!  Seems to reason we had better be testing more than anyone else.  So much winning.

In the Tulsa black community, absolutely.

Here in Fayetteville, Arkansas?  Not really.  Oh sure there’s some white college kids that lean slightly left of middle but they are vastly outnumbered by the old white conservatives. I am more aware of it as I tend to be more tuned in to social justice issues but I’m not from the south and I am definitely the exception to the rule.

But the younger kids are starting to figure it out and get more involved.  They have more friends that are mixed race, more kids with Latino or black parents and/or spouses.  Under 25-30 crowd there’s hope, over 45 it’s not very accepting or wanting to see any change.  They had to change after 1865 and that’s more than enough dadgummit.

Also, notice how the topic of discussion has shifted from his insensitive and pathetic comment now to "he was right about the numbers and how we are leading in testing" (which he was not and we aren't)?
Talk about false narratives and spinning.
They get caught in one lie and they move to another and the supporters keep defending the indefensible with half baked numbers.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@purplefaithful said:
@SFVikeFan said:

In the Tulsa black community, absolutely.

Here in Fayetteville, Arkansas?  Not really.  Oh sure there’s some white college kids that lean slightly left of middle but they are vastly outnumbered by the old white conservatives. I am more aware of it as I tend to be more tuned in to social justice issues but I’m not from the south and I am definitely the exception to the rule.

But the younger kids are starting to figure it out and get more involved.  They have more friends that are mixed race, more kids with Latino or black parents and/or spouses.  Under 25-30 crowd there’s hope, over 45 it’s not very accepting or wanting to see any change.  They had to change after 1865 and that’s more than enough dadgummit.
That's right, Fayetteville...Been there many times when I was calling on you know who in Bentonville...

Get out side the urban/suburban CPG bubble? It's bubba land in a hurry lol! 

My wife refused to move down there when I had a plumb job opportunity there about a decade ago.