Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait, am I missing some context? Or is this to be taken @ face value?
TULSA, Okla. — President Donald Trump said Saturday he's asked his administration to slow down coronavirus testing because robust testing turns up too many cases of COVID-19.
Trump told supporters at his campaign rally that the U.S. has tested 25 million people, far more than any other country. The "bad part," Trump said, is that widespread testing leads to logging more cases of the virus.
"When you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people, you're going to find more cases," Trump said. "So I said to my people, 'Slow the testing down, please.' They test and they test."

I didnt watch it, but I'm sure hes joking.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I didnt watch it, but I'm sure hes joking.
How convenient of you. I watched the whole thing. Plus you can find it online very easily. He absolutely was not. 
I find it appalling  that you are sure he was joking without even watching it.
How about watching it first before you promote the lame excuse? Yet you are not biased.

The crowd reaction reinforces that some people are still not taking it seriously. Also if you are supposedly in a position of leadership why are you joking about a pandemic. He admitted his negligence on a very important issue. 

LMAO. There is zero way he was joking. None. But the spin is now that he 'was kidding'.....

Riiiiight. 

You decide for yourself...

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
The crowd reaction reinforces that some people are still not taking it seriously. Also if you are supposedly in a position of leadership why are you joking about a pandemic. He admitted his negligence on a very important issue. 
This. At the very least no matter if you believe he 'was kidding' or not, why would you joke about it in the first place? It's gross.

Joking or not (I dont think he was) this POTUS missed a grand opportunity to reinforce a lot, including the importance of social distancing, masks..

Even more importantly, how about a message of the significance that the policy of test/trace/isolate is?  The only way today to beat COVID-19 and get our economy back to some degree. 

But that's expecting too much and that's not what his base wants to hear...You can see that clearly by the head nods and clapping.

I think I spotted @MB's SIL behind Trump too. 

That false narrative is still out there that it's weak to wear a mask or it interferes with rights and freedom. There are people in North Carolina burning masks to ignite freedom. What the actual fuck? And there are people coughing on other people because they are stupid. It's absolutely ridiculous. He is definitely divisive.