Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Anyone ever have gallstones?
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Purplewhizz said:

As a matter of fact I had a little scare just yesterday.  In my morning piss, I had blood, lots of it.  I went to urgent care and after  a battery of tests, including a nurse in her mid-twenties performing a prostate exam, concluded nothing.  
Dude....I've had 2 female doctors. Yearly manual prostate exams. My current Dr. is smoking hot. Not fun. Also, hernia checks. I get a Christmas card from her.

She could have at least taken off her class ring when she did it.  There was an article posted last night in the local paper, welcoming her to the hospital.  One of her quotes, I kid you not, was that she liked to get to know her patients deeply. LOL.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
Kidney stones multiple times.  First time I was sure I was dying.

As a matter of fact I had a little scare just yesterday.  In my morning piss, I had blood, lots of it.  I went to urgent care and after  a battery of tests, including a nurse in her mid-twenties performing a prostate exam, concluded nothing.  They referred me to another facility with the intention of exploratory surgery to check for bladder cancer.  Of course the mind races at that point.

I was urinating blood all day yesterday butit cleared up before I went to bed last night and has remained clear all day today.  My guess is I passed a stone that wasn’t large enough to block me up but jagged enough to rip up my urinary tract.  

As long as the blood doesn’t return I am going to blow it off. 
There probably were some thoughts on mortality that changes life's perpective.  Glad to hear you're doing better, pwhizz.  That's quite the scare, and I hope things stay good for ya.

@StickyBun said:
@Purplewhizz said:

As a matter of fact I had a little scare just yesterday.  In my morning piss, I had blood, lots of it.  I went to urgent care and after  a battery of tests, including a nurse in her mid-twenties performing a prostate exam, concluded nothing.  
Dude....I've had 2 female doctors. Yearly manual prostate exams. My current Dr. is smoking hot. Not fun. Also, hernia checks. I get a Christmas card from her.

She could have at least taken off her class ring when she did it.  There was an article posted last night in the local paper, welcoming her to the hospital.  One of her quotes, I kid you not, was that she liked to get to know her patients deeply. LOL.
We do not make eye contact during the hernia exam. 

Years ago I had gallstones and ended up having my gallbladder removed after a stone became lodged in my bile duct. The pain was ferocious and nothing, I mean nothing, took it away. My poor kid had to have his gallbladder removed as well at age 16. His was due to the gallbladder not functioning correctly. Not a fun experience! 

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Years ago I had gallstones and ended up having my gallbladder removed after a stone became lodged in my bile duct. The pain was ferocious and nothing, I mean nothing, took it away. My poor kid had to have his gallbladder removed as well at age 16. His was due to the gallbladder not functioning correctly. Not a fun experience! 
I had my gallbladder yanked 2-3 years ago so was a bit surprised at a frigging gallstone. They told me it's not unheard of. 

Well, the Stone Club members can attest to one thing - they hurt like a mofo. 

Whizz - don't let that condition hang around without getting it dealt with. 

Kidney stones multiple times.  First time I was sure I was dying.

As a matter of fact I had a little scare just yesterday.  In my morning piss, I had blood, lots of it.  I went to urgent care and after  a battery of tests, including a nurse in her mid-twenties performing a prostate exam, concluded nothing.  They referred me to another facility with the intention of exploratory surgery to check for bladder cancer.  Of course the mind races at that point.

I was urinating blood all day yesterday butit cleared up before I went to bed last night and has remained clear all day today.  My guess is I passed a stone that wasn’t large enough to block me up but jagged enough to rip up my urinary tract.  

As long as the blood doesn’t return I am going to blow it off. 

Please don't blow it off.

You need an office cystoscopy (camera into the bladder through the pee channel) to look for bladder cancer and a CT scan (if you haven't had one recently) to check for kidney cancer. We find a lot of cancers early because people see blood in the urine. If you blow it off, you could end up losing your bladder (or your life) when a very simple outpatient procedure could've taken care of the problem earlier.

I travel quite a lot for work and one of my biggest fears is have a kidney stone bout 30,000 above earth.  Knowing the pain involved and knowing it takes the most powerful of pain killers to even take the edge off, I don’t know what I’d do.  Demand all the alcohol on the plane I guess.

I travel quite a lot for work and one of my biggest fears is have a kidney stone bout 30,000 above earth.  Knowing the pain involved and knowing it takes the most powerful of pain killers to even take the edge off, I don’t know what I’d do.  Demand all the alcohol on the plane I guess.

Hey Whizz, I hope you check out the issue, never hurts to check and as Claykenny said may end up saving you something a lot more serious. Hope all goes well for you!

I had a bad (grade 2) AC/shoulder separation snowboarding up at Lutsen back when I turned 18. Turned to stop, front edge of the board caught the snow and tossed me on my head. Some of the longest and worst pain i've ever experienced; couldn't stand up for 5 minutes, then had to hold my arm up behind my back in one specific place, navigate down hill on foot and haul my board; Maybe a good 15 minutes to make it back. My family (in-laws now) could tell something was wrong right away, and we soon get in the car to head to the hospital. The one in Duluth, an hour and 45 minutes away!

Not Kidney Stones on a plane bad, but your fear there reminded me of that car ride. By the time I got in to see a doc and get an xray, I was pure white and "pain" wasn't even the right word.

PF, hope the game tomorrow can help take your mind off for a little bit. Get well soon!

Yeah. Isn't getting older just grand. :/

I've had pain in my right knee for a couple months now that will wake me up in the middle of the night .

Best of health going forward there  PF.