Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling confident? Or worried it will end badly?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
So it sounds like there is no chance of hosting a wild card game?
Chicago’s plane crashes, killing every member of the team and the nfl gives the playoff home game to the runner up in the division??

Chicago wrapped up the North. Our only shot at a home playoff game is to be the 5th seed and have us and the 6th seed win out to the championship game.  But if any of the 1-4 seeded teams win even one game we cannot get a home game.  

If we’re going anywhere this year its as road warriors. 

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
I'm confident it will end badly
Bailey lines up to kick a game winner. It goes straight down the middle but hits a pigeon that made it into the stadium and falls a yard short?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
I'm confident it will end badly
Bailey lines up to kick a game winner. It goes straight down the middle but hits a pigeon that made it into the stadium and falls a yard short?
There was actually a bird in the stadium during one of the games at US Bank Stadium. It flew right by us. 

Confident they make the playoffs after that not real confident at all.

All I know is that the NFC is WIDE open if you can just get in.

I dare anyone to list any seasons in Viking History that didn't end up badly?  Why would we ever expect anything different? B)

We already know it will end badly, it's just a matter of WHEN ... Week 16, 17, 1st round?

The great yogis and spiritual masters teach us that attachment is the root cause of suffering.   Attachment to a playoff outcome is the source of our Vikefans suffering.    The Vikings have been teaching me a great spiritual lesson all of my life, that of learning to detach and simply enjoy each game as it unfolds, because attachment to Viking outcomes leads to much suffering and I've had enough of that shit to last a lifetime.   =)

They pulled me back in and I'm expecting the worst. Prove me wrong, Vikings. 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
I dare anyone to list any seasons in Viking History that didn't end up badly?  Why would we ever expect anything different? B)
your right...

The Vikings have won one NFL Championship, in 1969, before the league's merger with the American Football League (AFL). Since the league merger in 1970, they have qualified for the playoffs 27 times, third-most in the league. The team has played in Super Bowls IV, VIII, IX, and XI, though failing to win any of them.   Wink  B)

Then we promptly lost the SuperBowl to the underdog KC Chiefs...  Confused

So even when we won we lost, doh!