Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling confident? Or worried it will end badly?
The Viking's chances for the playoffs, I mean.  :p

Its in their hands, so that is a plus...don't need any help.  But, of course, failing in this scenario would be especially disappointing. What do you think? Its the kind of question Viking's fans can intimately relate to.

Confident about making the playoffs. But it won't matter if we don't become the team we're capable of being. I'm hopeful that the team we saw against the Dolphins is the team we'll see from here on out. 

I feel very confident about the Lions game.  That alone might get them in.  I'm not sure if this team has improved enough to beat the Bears.  I'll wait and see how the "new look" offense plays next Sunday.  I'm about 60% confident they get in.  They probably have a decent shot at making it even if they lose to the Bears.  Philly and Washington would have to win out so... there's that.

I think Stafford is in for a long day. We really got to him last game and I think it can carry over. I don't know it will be another 10 sack day. However they are going to be worried to the point of not using their whole playbook. They will try everything short and fast. So we need to do what we did this week. Get an early lead. I think they are kinda already a beaten team. I don't feel much confidence or pride coming from them.  We don't even know what their plans will be for the final 2 now that they are eliminated. Team wise at least. Player mindset.  I don't think the players will be in win for the coach mode. I could easily see a team just going through the motions.  I feel good about this game. 

Glad it is Detroit, wish it was at home.  Who know's with this bunch.  They are like a box of chocolates.  If we win this weekend we will dance in playoffs.

Feel very good about this game
Feel very good that we will have a playoff spot locked up by Sunday night
Confident that Houston, KC, and Tennessee will beat Philly, Seattle, and Washington

Week 17 will be about seeding. Beat Chicago and we go to Dallas. Lose to Chicago, we play them again (which would be ridiculous to lose to the same team 3X in a year)

I would say its 50/50 to me that we make the divisional round and play the Saints/Rams to the end

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I feel very confident about the Lions game.  That alone might get them in.  I'm not sure if this team has improved enough to beat the Bears.  I'll wait and see how the "new look" offense plays next Sunday.  I'm about 60% confident they get in.  They probably have a decent shot at making it even if they lose to the Bears.  Philly and Washington would have to win out so... there's that.
For all intents and purposes, the Vikings can actually be eliminated from the playoffs this weekend.  Wins by Wash, Phil and Seahawks this weekend would cause the Vikings to have to win out. A Vikings loss would all but eliminate the playoffs with those 3 teams winning.  Oh, Dallas also has to win one of the last two, I guess they could fall apart.

Wash and Phil play each other in week 17, so if they both win this weekend, one of them is going to finish at 9-7 (I guess a tie is possible, but unlikely).  One win by Seattle puts them at least at 9-7.  A loss by the Vikings puts them at most at 8-7-1 and out of the playoffs.  The most important games for Vikings fans are Phi and Wash.

I'm confident it will end badly

So it sounds like there is no chance of hosting a wild card game?

I am always optimistic.  We will pummel Stafford and the Lions, then beat the Bears at home.  We ride into the playoffs on a 3 game win streak and building confidence in the offense.  Then, who knows.