Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How The Bears Beat Goff And The Rams
Do you think that teams have been forcing Cousins (and Flip) to dink and dunk their way down the field by loading the box, then stopping the run, and then getting after Cousins?  Was this easy to do because our OL is so poor?
I am curious if it is the same formula and if so why Cousins and the Vikings weren't trying to get their receivers beyond the sticks and seemed to count on the receivers catching the ball and then breaking the tackle for the last 2-3 yards and a first down. 

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Do you think that teams have been forcing Cousins (and Flip) to dink and dunk their way down the field by loading the box, then stopping the run, and then getting after Cousins?  Was this easy to do because our OL is so poor?
I am curious if it is the same formula and if so why Cousins and the Vikings weren't trying to get their receivers beyond the sticks and seemed to count on the receivers catching the ball and then breaking the tackle for the last 2-3 yards and a first down. 
It's not by loading the box. Teams are doubling Thielen/Diggs beacause they know the Vikings aren't going to break big plays with the likes of Rudolph, Treadwell, and Robinson regularly. That is why the Vikings need to run the ball since their biggest threat is Dalvin Cook. Once you get him going its much tougher to double one of the receivers. The issue is that the Vikings run concepts out of the gun are bad and take too long to develop. The key is to play out of the I like they did this past weekend. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
I still can't figure out if the Bears are as good as their record indicates... or if they've just been "lucky".  Obviously they have a talented defense... but it's still hard for me to believe that they are being successful on offense with Trubisky.  (shoulder shrug)
Their secondary can be exposed and If Eddie jackson is out that will be a big blow.