Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How The Bears Beat Goff And The Rams
This game is old news but ran across this video and found it very interesting.  It shows how important game planning is but also proper execution by the players is just as critical.

Eagles used the same plan last night to beat them. Rough time of year to get exposed a bit. 

I think the NFC is the Saints to lose this year...Eye opening looking @ Goff's stats the last 3 or so games. 

I still can't figure out if the Bears are as good as their record indicates... or if they've just been "lucky".  Obviously they have a talented defense... but it's still hard for me to believe that they are being successful on offense with Trubisky.  (shoulder shrug)

Quote: @pumpf said:
I still can't figure out if the Bears are as good as their record indicates... or if they've just been "lucky".  Obviously they have a talented defense... but it's still hard for me to believe that they are being successful on offense with Trubisky.  (shoulder shrug)
Been since 2010 since they've won The North... 

That year a wild card team from our division won the whole enchilada. 

The Ram's offense is all about McVay.  When he can surprise teams, they are dynamic.  But now that film is catching up to them, Goff is being exposed and McVay doesn't have the advantage. 

Watchi g the video made me believe that it wasnt so much McVay but Goff who caused the Bears loss.  If the Eagles used the same defense the. Godf is a slow learner.  I did not watch the Eagles game and you really can’t tell what defensive schemes are being run from a TV broadcast.

Goff was off target on several throws to receivers that were open.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Watchi g the video made me believe that it wasnt so much McVay but Goff who caused the Bears loss.  If the Eagles used the same defense the. Godf is a slow learner.  I did not watch the Eagles game and you really can’t tell what defensive schemes are being run from a TV broadcast.
What I mean is that Goff isn't the straw that stirs the drink in LA. Look at it this way, Goff was awful his first year.  Last year he started hot, but the Vikings exposed that McVay was reading the D for him by hurrying to the line while he still had the in helmet audio.  So this year he starts out hot again, but as teams get some film on the offense, they are better able to defend against the concepts and more is shifted to Goff making the right reads.
Watching that video just confirms what I suspected last year and again this year.  Goff isn't that good.  He makes bad decisions when forced to actually make a decision. And it ties into what our D has been doing as well.  Keep teams from beating you over the top even if it means giving up some yards underneath.  Can you imagine the reaction here if on that one almost INT Goff had dumped it to Gurley and he ran for 20 yards with nobody near him?  Good defenses are going back to the cover 2 concept to limit the big plays and make teams methodically work down the field and then capitalize when they make a mistake.  Goof showed he isn't up to the task of winning games by ball control, same reason Rodgers struggles against Zimmer's D.  They can't help but try to win it all in one play.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Eagles used the same plan last night to beat them. Rough time of year to get exposed a bit. 
The Eagles actually took a variation of what the Bears did but stuck in a lot of cover two to force the ball underneath. Goff made some of the same mistakes trying to be overly aggressive when the plays weren't there. I don't really think the Rams are completely figured out likes some are saying. Once they move away from being PA heavy and commit to dining and dunking their way down the field they'll be fine. Losing Kupp really changed their offense.