Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudy And The Pick Six
Throw it away.  I think the last time he threw it i. the dirt is was considered a backwards lateral and the defense might have even picked it up and scored o. that too.

Let's not make a big deal over one play.  It happens.  Missed block, wrong call.  Let's don't define the whole game over this.  We won 41-17.  Solid win and helps in the playoff hunt.

In keeping with ArizonaViking's comment above, in golfing, if I remembered my bad shots, I'd never golf again. But when I remember my one good shot, it draws me back to seek the experience again.  Wink

Thats the thing about stats
If it was a blown asssignment, it doesnt go on his record
Its a team game all the way through & the FO’s know all about that, thank goodyness

If only the broadcast crew had a 16 yr vet HOF offensive player to breakdown what went wrong on that play from the Vikes' O's point of view to help us understand if Rudy missed the block, Kirk should have audibled out, or what.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Who was the safety on that play? That guy was wide open with no one between him and the end zone. Was Rudy the safety on that one. Then I'll blame him.
Yep. TEs are safeties. Ask Belichick.

Rudy has a fat cap number that will be in play for the 2019 season. Morgan is back and Conklin can catch. 'Nuff said. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Rudy has a fat cap number that will be in play for the 2019 season. Morgan is back and Conklin can catch. 'Nuff said. 
Rudy will be back. He's signed through '19 and his cap number next year is no bigger than it has been the last four. I think Rudy finds a way to retire a Viking. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Rudy will be back. He's signed through '19 and his cap number next year is no bigger than it has been the last four. I think Rudy finds a way to retire a Viking. 
51 catches for 493 yards and 2 TDs? Pedestrian as hell. If the Vikings want to get real this offseason and truly improve the team, start with this guy. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
51 catches for 493 yards and 2 TDs? Pedestrian as hell. If the Vikings want to get real this offseason and truly improve the team, start with this guy. 
the type of take when all you do is complain without any perspective. 

1) 51 receptions for a TE is good when your top 2 WRs have 100 or more receptions in a season. 

2) look at image below and see Rudolph at 8th TE in receptions in whole NFL. also if you look, only 5 TEs have good stats at all this season. he is better than his stats, but those arent bad objectively. 

[Image: bdezd8nrkh66.png]