Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you switch John DeFilippo for Mike McCarthy
Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
I wouldn't risk the window on Stefanski either. He could experience the exact same learning curve.

An experienced OC can turn this around fast. Did it take Carolina long to implement old Norv's system? Nope. Cam is still inaccurate and their Defense got old fast, but Uncle Norv unlocked McCaffery's potential fast, despite having Matt Kalil as his LT.

I won't pretend to know who's going to be available, but turning to another unproven dude just doesn't seem prudent to me.

[Image: not-gonna-do-it-wouldnt-be-prudent.jpg]                        

I do have to wonder why they blocked Stefanski from interviewing. And if McCarthy is the first option outside the team, that is absolutely depressing.

Oh hell yeah----I mean remember the KAO mc duddy produced last year when 12 folded.   Your first thought has to be "now that's some real coaching, hope we get a shot at that."

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
I wouldn't risk the window on Stefanski either. He could experience the exact same learning curve.

An experienced OC can turn this around fast. Did it take Carolina long to implement old Norv's system? Nope. Cam is still inaccurate and their Defense got old fast, but Uncle Norv unlocked McCaffery's potential fast, despite having Matt Kalil as his LT.

I won't pretend to know who's going to be available, but turning to another unproven dude just doesn't seem prudent to me.
In light of the teams fondness of him and not knowing who would be available...he would be my top candidate right now, he's been a pet of all the systems and his tendencies haven't ben exposed like some of the failed experienced OCs that might become available.  I will wait and see who's put there,  but IMO KS would be top candidate at this time if the other option on the table is McCarthy.   Maybe mcarty for oline coach,  the packers had a long running stretch of ol injuries and still seemed to patch together a better unit than we have seen in years.

The Pukers have had some of the lousiest running offenses under McCarthy as they built that team for Erin only.  I don't want the stench of any offense McCarthy was involved with near the Vikes.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
Rumor has DeFilippo as one of the favorites for the Packer's job (https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/12/3/18124958/john-defilippo-early-favorite-green-bay-packers-coaching-job-minnesota-vikings).  Would you be happy with DiFilippo going to the Packers and replacing him with McCarthy as OC?
About as much time as they gave Carlson!

Check out McCarthy out without a first ballot HOF QB...Not good...

LOL! Vikings fans "mocking" a HC or QB for "ONLY" winning 1 Super Bowl!? REALLY??! You have GOT  to be shitting me!!

Um, Bud and Fran made it to 3 SB and shit the bed each time. Bud also choked with Kapp, so he must REALLY suck...and Fran, too. 

Jim Kelly and Marv Levy? No Super Bowls wins. What an unproductive combo THAT was!

Shula FAILED to win a Super Bowl in 17 years with Marino. I guess Dan and Don are losers, correct?

Coryell and Fouts never even MADE it to a Super Bowl. Both are HOF's, correct? 

Hey, I get the GB hate, but this "only 1 Championship" shit needs to stop. 

I think we ALL would agree that ONE Super Bowl victory would be enough to satisfy Vikings fans for the next decade at least, yes?

Happy Holidays