Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CP Thriving in NE...
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

“They’re doing really good with him,” Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said. “Everybody knew Cordarrelle was an outstanding athlete, strong runner, great when he had the ball in his hands. We probably could have done a better job when we had him, after watching them.”
When I first read this it kinda pissed me off. It can be annoying when fans think they know more than coaches, but sometimes I think they do. I know many on this board were frustrated by the Vikings refusal to give Patterson the ball. Guy had, what, 9 TDs his rookie season? Was hugely effective running the ball and on bubble screens...and then the Vikings just stopped using him that way. Fans everywhere were screaming at the team to give him the damn ball and the Vikings just...didn't. Maybe it was Norv. Probably. But, Zim, buddy, when you're in command, COMMAND.
The Vikings didnt really quit using Patterson.  His rookie season he had 77 targets and 4 TD receiving and 12 rush with 3 TD's.  in 2014 67 targets and 10 rush, in 15, yes they completely went away from him. Then in 16 maybe they got the message and started using him again with 70 targets and 7 rush.  The thing is he had 7 TD's in his rookie year and 4 total in 14,15, and 16.  So by the numbers his production declined after his rookie season not the amount he was used.  The difference between NE with Patterson and Minnesota is need.  The Vikings had Adrian at RB, the Pats had nobody when they started using Patterson.  Its not like he is having a pro bowl season in NE.  He has 13 receptions for 120 yards and 37 rushes for 156 yards.  Remember Edelman was out the first part of the season and Gronk is constantly hurt.  Patterson is basically a fill in, but to his credit is doing a decent job at it.