Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots favored by 6
Gotta find a way to win one of the next 2...I don't care which one - actually beating Seattle (NFC) might be most advantageous if we had to choose one?

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Gotta find a way to win one of the next 2...I don't care which one - actually beating Seattle (NFC) might be most advantageous if we had to choose one?
Probably true, but beating the Pats in New England would be a big lift for this team I think. In order to even compete against teams like the Saints and Rams this team has to get hot and confident on both sides of the ball. No better place to do that than against Bill, Brady and the Pats. 

Decent weather: 53 degrees, 8 mph winds. Rain in the morning then going to intermittent possible T-storms for rest of the day. Late afternoon game helps for once.

It's not Brady we have to beat; it's Belichick.  If our defense could tackle like Dallas did last night, I think we'd have a chance.  And if we don't have a chance... then we really don't have any business worrying about the playoffs.

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
It's not Brady we have to beat; it's Belichick.  If our defense could tackle like Dallas did last night, I think we'd have a chance.  And if we don't have a chance... then we really don't have any business worrying about the playoffs.
We have more than a chance. I think we're the better team. But Brady v. Hill and an ailing Diggs v. Gilmore, plus the fact that it's in Foxboro tilts this game to the Pats. Don't mean we can't win tho. 

The Vikes are in the drivers seat to make the playoffs.  If they don't make it, yeah we'll all be PO'd, but it's soley because they weren't good enough.  They have to beat winning teams to make the post-season. 

If they make it, it's because they earned their spot playing a fairly tough schedule. 

Beating the Pats would be a nice "make up" victory for that horrid Bill loss.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"pumpf" said:
The Vikes are in the drivers seat to make the playoffs.  If they don't make it, yeah we'll all be PO'd, but it's soley because they weren't good enough.  They have to beat winning teams to make the post-season. 

If they make it, it's because they earned their spot playing a fairly tough schedule. 

Well...."good enough" could get some of the more cerebrally-challenged of us to start blaming Rick again, which of course is bat shit nonsense. You can blame injuries if you want. God knows, we've had our share. You can blame our schedule, which was (and remains) very difficult. You can even blame Zimmer for taking half the season to figure out his defense. One thing you can't blame is the talent on the roster.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"pumpf" said:

Well...."good enough" could get some of the more cerebrally-challenged of us to start blaming Rick again, which of course is bat shit nonsense. You can blame injuries if you want. God knows, we've had our share. You can blame our schedule, which was (and remains) very difficult. You can even blame Zimmer for taking half the season to figure out his defense. One thing you can't blame is the talent on the roster.
Unless the talent plays like shit, then you can blame the talent.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"pumpf" said:

Unless the talent plays like shit, then you can blame the talent.
Disagree. You can blame an individual talent for playing like shit, but you can't blame the talent in aggregate. That's on the coach. 

Just fyi, Vikings lead the league in fewest missed tackles in the running game. One other unrelated but interesting stat is that Stefon Diggs leads the league in fewest dropped balls. 0.