Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots favored by 6
This should be a fun one. Brady sure isn't what he used to be. Was listening to a radio show this morning about how it's now his receivers who are making him look better than he is, rather than the reverse, which has been true for nearly 20 years. He's missing open receivers, looking sluggish and tired. Deep ball doesn't have the same zip. I haven't really paid much attention to the Pats this season but that seems to be the general buzz. 

Still, nobody beats the Patriots at home in December. I don't know what their record is at home in December, but I know it's very good. And, of course, they have Gronk back and now Burkhead as well. Anyone know Zimmer's record against Brady?

Not surprising.  I can't remember the last time the Vikings beat NE.  I think we're due for an upset win, and this one would be so sweet.  Any given Sunday, right?

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Not surprising.  I can't remember the last time the Vikings beat NE.  I think we're due for an upset win, and this one would be so sweet.  Any given Sunday, right?
Culpepper was our QB,  and Brady wasnt a Patriot.

Gronk being back scares me most.  How will Kearse fare?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Wow, it's been nearly 20 years since we've beaten them?  Now I really, really think we're due. 

Go gettem' Vikes - SKOL!

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Wow, it's been nearly 20 years since we've beaten them?  Now I really, really think we're due. 

Go gettem' Vikes - SKOL!
pepper was 20 yrs ago?  damn im old

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

Go gettem' Vikes - SKOL!
Vikings fans age like dog years.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

Go gettem' Vikes - SKOL!
Vikings fans age like dog years.
I'm aging like Milk.. I need a Vikes Super Bowl before I sour.. 

This is fantasy focused, but you have to love the insight. Mike Tagliere at Fantasypros.com (IMO) is the best fantasy analyst in the biz...

The rest here: 
https://www.fantasypros.com/2018/11/the-.../3/#min-ne

QBs
Kirk Cousins: Don’t think that just because the Vikings struggled to score more than 24 points the last four games that they’re not capable of it. The Patriots defense has been very hit-or-miss this season despite having one of the easier schedules. In games against Blake BortlesMatthew StaffordAndrew LuckPatrick MahomesMitch TrubiskyAaron Rodgers, and Marcus Mariota, they allowed a top-14 quarterback performance. Against Deshaun Watson (back in Week 1), Brock OsweilerDerek Anderson, and Josh McCown, they haven’t. You tell me which group Cousins is a part of. Four quarterbacks have been able to post 330-plus yards and three have thrown three-plus touchdowns. Cousins hasn’t delivered the upside that some would’ve expected this year, but with Diggs, Thielen, and Cook healthy, he’s in solid QB1 territory this week.
WRs

Stefon Diggs: The Vikings are likely to stick Stephon Gilmore on Diggs, which isn’t terrible because it would mean consistent one-on-one coverage for him. Against zone coverage, Diggs has a 77.8 WR Rating. Against man coverage, Diggs has posted a 115.9 WR Rating. The Patriots have Gilmore in man coverage 85 percent of the time. If Diggs can get off the press against Gilmore, he’s going to beat him. It’ll be curious to see how they handle the Thielen/Diggs duo, as the Patriots try to remove the No. 1 option for opponents, but it’s tougher to do that with slot receivers. Diggs should be considered a middling WR2 who does have a tough matchup, but he also dominates man coverage.
Adam Thielen: Bill Belichick was raving about Thielen in an interview this week, so you know he respects him as a receiver, but the question is – who gets the No. 1 treatment among the Vikings receivers? Belichick’s defense has made a name for itself taking away the opposing No. 1 option, but it’s tough to do that with a slot receiver. The Patriots have really struggled with that position this year, as Jonathan Jones has struggled to contain them. He’s allowed a 101.0 QB Rating in his coverage, which includes a 68.4 percent catch-rate, 11.6 yards per reception, and a touchdown every 14.3 targets. Just last week, we saw Jermaine Kearse total 6/66/1 on 11 targets. There’s risk that Belichick doubles him and trusts Gilmore one-on-one with Diggs all game, but Thielen’s matchup is too good on paper to pass him by. He should be played as a WR1 in this matchup.
Josh Gordon: Seeing Xavier Rhodes go down with a hamstring injury during their Sunday night game likely means he’s a no-go for them this weekend. That would mean Trae Waynes and rookie Holton Hill will match-up with Gordon. Waynes hasn’t been terrible, but he also hasn’t been great. Keep in mind that he’s covered a lot of No. 2 receivers when hearing his coverage stats, because they probably should be better than they are. He’s allowed a 72.1 percent catch-rate, 12.1 yards per reception, and two touchdowns on 43 targets this year, which amounts to a 104.3 QB Rating. Meanwhile, Hill is someone I like a lot as a prospect, but he’s still a rookie trying to guard one of the biggest physical freaks in football. He’s also played just 143 snaps this year in a backup role. Gordon should be played as a strong WR2 if Rhodes is out.

Brady has only lost 4 starts in his career at home in Foxboro.....don't expect #5 Sunday afternoon. Nobody is better at winning close games than the Patriots.