Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins way off tonight
Not getting touchdowns from those defensive turnovers certainly didn't help. That craptastic onside kick was awful. The lack of urgency was definitely not helpful. What a mess.

Flip's game plans and playcalling against good defensive teams like the Rams, Saints, and tonight against the Bears continues to be a liability. 

I've been accused of only being "negative" by simply pointing out facts. Let me try again...

At least Kirky completed 67% of his passes!!! Whoo-hoo! That Pick-six in crunch time coulda happened to ANYBODY! Psshaw! 

I'm SURE that his dubious winning percentage against teams with WINNING records will do a complete 180 over the next few games!! He's a documented F-ing WINNER!!!  

Go Korky, sorry, I mean Kirky!! Dalvin, you're awesome, too!! 

Quote: @"njvike" said:
I've been accused of only being "negative" by simply pointing out facts. Let me try again...

At least Kirky completed 67% of his passes!!! Whoo-hoo! That Pick-six in crunch time coulda happened to ANYBODY! Psshaw! 

I'm SURE that his dubious winning percentage against teams with WINNING records will do a complete 180 over the next few games!! He's a documented F-ing WINNER!!!  

I think it's just the 3rd grade mentality that gets under people's skin. I agree that there needs to be a major shake up with this team but the maturity of your posts are bothersome to people. 

Cousins was about as bad as I've seen any crappy QB
play.  He looked apprehensive, unsure of himself, and lacks decision
making skills needed to win big games.   He could've run for key 1st
downs several times, but wouldn't. 
Instead he’s throwing into coverage were his receiver had no
chance.  His interceptions are just ridiculous.  Give the guy some
time to throw, and he's pretty damn good, but he seems to be easily rattled
under pressure.

He did seem to play better after this poorly thrown pick-six.  Too bad he
had already blown the game by then.  His decision making was
embarrassing.  He looked like the Washington Cousins I was hoping we wouldn't
see.  Nothing too special about this guy.

It's games like this your $30 mill/year QB will elevate the team.  Cousins
is not an elite QB, and nobody fears his abilities.  If he's this great savior
Viking QB we've all been waiting for, then I'm missing something.

He's a decent QB, but to me he's just a very expensive middle of pack QB.

Hard for me to judge a QB with no line and a non-existent running game. Just too much wrong with this team to blame one guy. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"njvike" said:

I think it's just the 3rd grade mentality that gets under people's skin. I agree that there needs to be a major shake up with this team but the maturity of your posts are bothersome to people. 
And the constant "excuses" people come up with to forgive the never/ending choke jobs this team serves up is very bothersome to me.

I remember plenty of "childish" memes about Williamson, Walsh, Childress, etc. Never seemed to bother you or anyone else. 

I find it theraputic to laugh at the Vikings ineptitude in big games. It's too late for me to switch allegiances at this point,  and I'm sure not going to get upset and/or waste my time creating an alternate reality playing the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game. Mocking derision is the best I can do. The fact that it irritates all the "real" fans? Couldn't care less. 

In fact, if the fans focused their energies towards the front office, instead of some random dude on a fan forum, and making sure they know that mediocrity will no longer be tolerated, maybe some REAL changes will be made. But as long as Vikings fans keep excusing mediocrity and spending time and money supporting it, the Wilf's and Spielman will keep laughing their asses off and keep cashing those checks. 

I'll gladly eat crow when and IF this team manages to win a couple of playoff games (in the same postsesson, not spread out over 12 years). Until then, they have earned every bit of the ridicule and "disrespect" that they receive. If you're gonna talk about being elite and winning championships you need to PROVE it on the field. 

In Zimmer's OWN WORDS : "Don't tell me about the labor, show me the baby". 13 years is a hell of a long gestation period! 

IMHO, it all starts up front.  No holes for Cook...little time for Kirk.  I know Mack is a force, but sheesh!
And our D played relatively well and Harris got some sweet pics of our own last night only to have the O squander them.We've got to go OL next years draft.