Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Service Announcement: Insert Your Outrage !
So outrage cuz he sez and does stuff and now outrage cuz he didn't say or do what the liberals expect of him to say.  And when given a willing ear and option to provide an actual argument, no go.  Yet we are the ones that need a safe space.
Sorry, the all trump all the time just gets old.  But I guess it is good for ratings.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Sure, I'll do your work for you, and then you'll discredit the source, and we'll get no where. Sorry Pumpf, I won't do your legwork for you. If you think I fabricated this, that's fine. 
So, you'll come here and bitch about something... but not give any evidence for your outrage?  OK.  But let's not pretend like the problem (in this thread) is my unwillingness to learn.  I could look it up; sure.  But you're the one who told me that I should be outraged about it.  Why should I have to look it up? You're the one telling me how to feel.  All I've asked for is the reason that I'm supposed to feel that way.  In fact, I even told you why I was ignorant of what your alleging.  

@prairieghost said:
Barr, your name is Greg???
MIND BLOWN.
All these years I thought you posted more like a Steve or a Phil.
Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, you need to stop with the catchy titles.... Wink Please carry on!!

.....Greg....I never saw that coming...
You'd completely lose your shit if I told you my middle name... 
Wait... were you 2greg back in the PT days?

It was absolutely disgraceful that Trump could not be bothered to go to the WWII battlefield commemoration in France and to honor the fallen at Arlington National Cemetery but I would expect nothing less from him. World leaders walked in the rain to pay respect and tribute during the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day. The French Embassy in the United States laid a wreath on the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Trump's actions or inaction was a slap in the face to all who have served, are serving and will serve.  

sigh

After watching so many patriotic Americans vent their collective outrage over NFL players taking a knee during the National Anthem, I was certain an equal outrage would be vented over the Commander in Chief bypassing the opportunity to pay tribute to the fallen members of the military over in France and then again on our on shores on Veterans Day due to some precipitation. 

As I cupped my hand to my ear, and point it as far RIGHT as it could go...I hear...crickets...

Surely there must be a great swell of disdain rising up from the bosom of those that were in a blood lust frenzy over the actions of those insolent sons of bitches in the NFL that would come to bear on our equally unpatriotic, nyet,  MORE unpatriotic actions of trump. 

Alas and a lack, no such outcry has reached my thirsty ears...SO, I decided as my own gift to you all to provide this safe space so you could properly vent that sheer outrage over the actions of your president's lack of showing proper respect to those who served and died for our very rights and way of life today.

Sincerely Greg
Proud stepson to a WWII vet.
Since I'm an insomniac, I've been doing some reading.  I came across a story about Trump re-thinking his decision to not go to Arlington National cemetery.  He cited (basically) how tired he was from all of his traveling.  So, here you go: that was an incredibly stupid decision.  He should've gone to ANC, whether he felt up to it or not.  It was a slap in the face to our veterans.  I don't know about being "outraged" (I don't get riled up as easily as I used to... but, then again, I'm not "outraged" by Kapernick's idiocy, either).  He was wrong.  As the Commander-in-Chief it was his duty to be there.  Now, I realize that there are millions of Americans who don't bother to attend any kind of events around Veteran's Day.  I wouldn't call them un-patriotic.  Lazy, maybe.  But for the president to skip out on that; it was wrong.

There.  Happy?

By the way, in that same article, it said that Trump DID attend an American cemetery in France.  He just didn't attend a second one (due to weather, which I think someone alluded to in this thread).  Yet YOU said that he "bypassed the opportunity to pay tribute to the fallen members of the military over in France".  In other words, you engaged in the same duplicitous "reporting" as so many in the media are doing- which is why they can't be taken seriously.  Your "outrage" would seem more genuine if it was more honest.  

Quote: @Max said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@prairieghost said:
Barr, your name is Greg???
MIND BLOWN.
All these years I thought you posted more like a Steve or a Phil.
Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, you need to stop with the catchy titles.... Wink Please carry on!!

.....Greg....I never saw that coming...
You'd completely lose your shit if I told you my middle name... 
Wait... were you 2greg back in the PT days?
Hell no

Quote: @pumpf said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Sure, I'll do your work for you, and then you'll discredit the source, and we'll get no where. Sorry Pumpf, I won't do your legwork for you. If you think I fabricated this, that's fine. 
So, you'll come here and bitch about something... but not give any evidence for your outrage?  OK.  But let's not pretend like the problem (in this thread) is my unwillingness to learn.  I could look it up; sure.  But you're the one who told me that I should be outraged about it.  Why should I have to look it up? You're the one telling me how to feel.  All I've asked for is the reason that I'm supposed to feel that way.  In fact, I even told you why I was ignorant of what your alleging.  
Yes, I should just remain silent. Basically what I said was I wouldn't be sent on a fools errand. 

When should I speak up? You've said in the past since things aren't directly affecting me I should shut my mouth. You would have made a great German citizen cira 1934.

Politics are always a mess. Us Floridians are again in the middle.

Florida pet peeve.

We are not the joke of the nation because "we can't count". We are the goal of the political establishment. Don't blame us if our elections always get screwed up. We are divided right down the middle. So close it often fall right in the less then .5% mandatory threshold. Isn't that what the establishment bent on keeping us divided and fighting want? The perfect split. So yeah make fun. 10 million votes. Mere 1000s divide. 
We are the model not the problem. Least not to the establishment.

@AGRforever said:
gotta be honest. i heard about the france thing. i thought weather was the reason they couldnt fly him in? and secret service shut down driving due to unsecured path and distance?  could be totally wrong?

didnt know he skipped arlington on veterans day.  if this is a normal tradition for presidents to do then he should have his feet held to the fire. 

i have no issue with calling out when our politicians are asshats. one of my favorite groups on facebook is americans against republicans and democrats. 
There is always a rain contingency.
do you happen to know if this contingency plan was to cancel?  if you cant helicopter in and SS wont let you drive how do you suggest it get done?