Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell gets a vacation
Shocking...

One of the best in the league - wonder if this sets some precedent?

[Image: 3d1kmiiw02mz.jpg]
And the tweets, texts and oped's from around the league stating how Le'Veon's actions are a blow for player freedom and to the antiquated, "plantation" mentality of NFL owners  beginning in 3....2.....1....

I bet next year Bell blows an ACL or an Achilles or
something shortly after he signs his new contract, just to double down on the
trainwreck factor.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
trainwreck factor.
after a year of sitting out, one would wonder if the Dez factor may surface.  Dez is much older so the Achilles was more likely, but taking a year off is going to affect his body for sure.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"medaille" said:
trainwreck factor.
after a year of sitting out, one would wonder if the Dez factor may surface.  Dez is much older so the Achilles was more likely, but taking a year off is going to affect his body for sure.
He could break a leg in a jet ski accident and be totally screwed. Hard to believe that he would leave 14.5 million on the table. That's gonna be hard to make back regardless of the contract he may sign.

Quote: @"SouthCarolinaViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"medaille" said:
trainwreck factor.
He could break a leg in a jet ski accident and be totally screwed. Hard to believe that he would leave 14.5 million on the table. That's gonna be hard to make back regardless of the contract he may sign.
And with the way Connor has performed, one has to question how much the system played into his stats. 

Every year I read oped's and articles stating just how overvalued RB's are in today's NFL and why more and more teams opt in favor of multiple all-purpose backs and not the one bell-cow (no pun intended). 
Good luck, Le'Veon, with that one-year deal for 2019.

I applaud Bell for taking this bold move.
The Steelers really grind up backs with all those touches and do not really want to pay beyond one year.

Connor already has 230 carries & receptions thru 8 games.

Bell would have had to carry that load if he was playing.
I think most fans only look at the 14 mil plus he turned down this year and use the same line of he will never get it back.

Bell won’t get back that money but maybe being able to walk without pain later in life is worth it?
The issue is that the Steelers wanted to use him up and spit him out.
Now they are doing it to Connor.
Bell will get a decent deal from a team that probably is not going to give him over 400 touches.
You give a player that many touches and they ain't gonna last long.

There are teams with insane cap room next year...he could get QB type money from a team like the Jets...