Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell gets a vacation

Wow, that's a bold move.  Remember when guys just played for the love of the game?  Now, not so much.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Wow, that's a bold move.  Remember when guys just played for the love of the game?  Now, not so much.
One person's boldness is another person's stupidity.

Wonder if his agent has finish reading the CBA yet...  :/

HE already has a deal in place I am sure.

What a dumbass. This is money he will never be able to regain in his career. Somebody will definitely get him paid next year, but the only money guaranteed will be Year 1. Wow.

How if he was under contract for this year and he fails to meet the terms of that contract does this season qualify towards him being a free agent?  Shouldn't he have to play or actually be available to play in a certain number of games to qualify this as a year of service?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
How if he was under contract for this year and he fails to meet the terms of that contract does this season qualify towards him being a free agent?  Shouldn't he have to play or actually be available to play in a certain number of games to qualify this as a year of service?
i believe the Steelers have the option to franchise him again next year. Or sign him to a long term contract. I hope they don’t cave in and just let him go. 

Quote: @BrickVike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
i believe the Steelers have the option to franchise him again next year. Or sign him to a long term contract. I hope they don’t cave in and just let him go. 
he should still owe them a year of service under this years franchise tag IMO.    of course I also think that teams should have to honor contracts that they sign players to with the only outs being if both the team and player agree to tear it up.  if its a 5 year deal its a 5 year deal IMO.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said: 
@BrickVike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
he should still owe them a year of service under this years franchise tag IMO.    of course I also think that teams should have to honor contracts that they sign players to with the only outs being if both the team and player agree to tear it up.  if its a 5 year deal its a 5 year deal IMO.
I think since he never signed the franchise offer, it is different than a holdout.  So he didn't "owe" the team a year.

But I agree, teams play dirty as well.  With all that money, greed is rampant and loyalty gets the shaft.