Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings planning for Cook to play
Even when he's played he's been a non factor this year.  I'm not sure what yall are arguing about?  Boone and Thomas can just as easily get his 30 yards on 10 carries. 

As a vike fan im thinking the worst like it needs surgery and they are just trying to get whatever they can until next year anybody have a @&$! Eeyore pic they can post cause thats about how i feel. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Even when he's played he's been a non factor this year.  I'm not sure what yall are arguing about?  Boone and Thomas can just as easily get his 30 yards on 10 carries. 
kind of harsh considering what he was doing healthy a year ago.  pretty much no preseason and then getting dinged early on... hard to gauge his worth on this years performance alone.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
If he's healthy and ready why would they hold him out? Only so many games left and he's missed enough of them already. Play the man.
If he's healthy and ready, why limit him? Because he hasn't proven himself 100% healthy and ready. For me, it's just playing the odds. With hammies, the more time, the lower the odds of aggravating it. No, I sit him through the bye.

I agree.  If he's healthy, play him.  This "pitch count" crap is annoying.  He could aggravate it on the first carry just as much as the 25th.  But why monkey with it.  Sit him down.
PS...and my frustration is NOT just because I have him on my fantasy team and have only got 1 and 1/3 games out of him whereas I could have accepted the trade offer I received for Conner in week one.  Bitter?  Naah...  Angry?  No way.  Pissed beyond all belief??? BINGO! :#

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
If he's healthy and ready why would they hold him out? Only so many games left and he's missed enough of them already. Play the man.
If he's healthy and ready, why limit him? Because he hasn't proven himself 100% healthy and ready. For me, it's just playing the odds. With hammies, the more time, the lower the odds of aggravating it. No, I sit him through the bye.

I agree.  If he's healthy, play him.  This "pitch count" crap is annoying.  He could aggravate it on the first carry just as much as the 25th.  But why monkey with it.  Sit him down.
PS...and my frustration is NOT just because I have him on my fantasy team and have only got 1 and 1/3 games out of him whereas I could have accepted the trade offer I received for Conner in week one.  Bitter?  Naah...  Angry?  No way.  Pissed beyond all belief??? BINGO! :#
you do the limited return so you can gage its fitness,  it might not be an issue after a short workout,  but getting into a live action situation might give a different result so instead of running him hard and having it get tight and reinjured,  ease him back into the mix so you have a better chance of finding out it isnt quite ready to go yet instead of a complete set back.

For me, it’s one of those things I just want to be
conservative with.  I don’t want to see
him out there at 80% limping along and reinjure it and be out most of the
season.  If he feels good to go and there’s
little chance of reinjury, I’d start Murray and give Cook 10-15ish snaps and if
all is well, let him start after the bye and give him 50-60% of the snaps.

I just don’t have any faith in our coaching staff being able
to put him on a pitch count.  I think if
they think he’s good enough to get some playing time, they’ll put him in and
run him until he breaks down.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Ralphie said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:

you do the limited return so you can gage its fitness,  it might not be an issue after a short workout,  but getting into a live action situation might give a different result so instead of running him hard and having it get tight and reinjured,  ease him back into the mix so you have a better chance of finding out it isnt quite ready to go yet instead of a complete set back.
I agree you get him back in the mix. From what I've seen lately he's not the starter again anyhow. He gets 2nd snaps till he proves he gives us a better chance now. We've been riding Murray since week 4 of last season. Cooks should get back in there but not as the every down back regardless. He hasn't taken it yet from Murray and that's where I stand on it.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:

Ha! Wow. I'm lucky. Yes, I have Dalvin, but I also have Conner and Gordon. As a Cook owner (and more importantly, as a Vikings fan), I just want to know he'll be there for the playoffs. If Bell stays away, and it's looking more and more like he will, that's going to be a helluva 1, 2, 3 punch. 

Quote: @medaille said:
For me, it’s one of those things I just want to be
conservative with.  I don’t want to see
him out there at 80% limping along and reinjure it and be out most of the
season.  If he feels good to go and there’s
little chance of reinjury, I’d start Murray and give Cook 10-15ish snaps and if
all is well, let him start after the bye and give him 50-60% of the snaps.

I just don’t have any faith in our coaching staff being able
to put him on a pitch count.  I think if
they think he’s good enough to get some playing time, they’ll put him in and
run him until he breaks down.
This is my biggest issue. 

Straight up dumb