Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOJ Wants Anti-trump Facebook User Info
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art...-activists

Nothing to see here folks...when your neighbors start getting arrested or disappear because of their political beliefs, or sexuality, or religious practices will you open your eyes then? Fascism 101...
Welcome to post-911 Patriot Act America.  This isn't a Red or Blue problem this $hit has been happening ever since.  For cripes sake, they can't even get the portion of the NDAA act to NOT allow indefinite detention without charges for American citizens.  The NDAA passes every year with bipartisan support. 

So if you're going to get mad, get mad at everyone in washington not just those on the opposing political team. 

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
If this is in any way true (of which I'm skeptical), he would still not be the first president to try stuff like this.  His predecessor paved the way for this kind of stuff... and I didn't hear a peep about it.  So let me take the high road: if a Republican president is trying to get information about his "enemies" in this (or any other) way: it is wrong, and he should be impeached for it.  Now, let's hear our resident liberals be critical of Obama for using his DOJ and his IRS to "punish" his "enemies".  
Well good!!!  Lets get a cage ready for Bush 2.0, Obama and Trump because they've all been against it before they got into office and then first thing they do before they even pick out their drapes colors is seize more power. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
If this is in any way true (of which I'm skeptical), he would still not be the first president to try stuff like this.  His predecessor paved the way for this kind of stuff... and I didn't hear a peep about it.  So let me take the high road: if a Republican president is trying to get information about his "enemies" in this (or any other) way: it is wrong, and he should be impeached for it.  Now, let's hear our resident liberals be critical of Obama for using his DOJ and his IRS to "punish" his "enemies".  
Oh my God. Lemme guess, you believe the Clintons murdered Vince Foster, Barack Obama was born in Kenya, there's a child sex ring run by Hillary Clinton out of a, um, pizza shop, and that the kids and parents in both Parkland and Newtown were crisis actors. 
Right, deflect, deflect but..................The IRS admitted they did wrong.  They did target conservatives. 

Oh and if you believe the laundry list of Clinton murders isn't at all feasible then I've got to ask how blue your shades are??  I mean if theres so darn much smoke that investigators are gagging on it doesn't it at least seem possible? 

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
So it is ok as long as it only happens to those you disagree with politically? Got it.
Whether it's OK or not is another topic (I personally don't see very much wrong with added scrutiny for groups filing for tax exempt status), but it's not the partisan scandal it was made out to be after it was discovered the targeting happened under both Bush and Obama and targeted groups on both sides.
LINK?
Reports came out that the IRS also used key words like "progressive" and "green energy" etc thus the witch hunt wasn't partisan but you certainly didn't hear, and have yet to hear, of a single group from the left that was actually targeted. 

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
So it is ok as long as it only happens to those you disagree with politically? Got it.
Whether it's OK or not is another topic (I personally don't see very much wrong with added scrutiny for groups filing for tax exempt status), but it's not the partisan scandal it was made out to be after it was discovered the targeting happened under both Bush and Obama and targeted groups on both sides.
LINK?
What? This didn't make Fox News? 

Wiki:
In late September 2017, an exhaustive report by the Treasury Department'inspector general found that from 2004 to 2013, the IRS used both conservative and liberal keywords to choose targets for further scrutiny, blunting claims that the issue had been an Obama-era partisan scandal.[2][3] The 115 page report confirmed the findings of the prior 2013 report that some conservative organizations had been unfairly targeted, but also found that the pattern of misconduct had been ongoing since 2004 and was non-partisan in nature.
https://www.npr.org/2017/10/05/555975207...ssives-too

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/po...crats.html

https://surlysubgroup.com/2017/10/06/irs...ill-wrong/

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"pumpf" said:
Well good!!!  Lets get a cage ready for Bush 2.0, Obama and Trump because they've all been against it before they got into office and then first thing they do before they even pick out their drapes colors is seize more power. 
I'm still waiting for a link to show that Bush "punished his enemies" via the Patriot Act.  We KNOW that Obama went after conservatives using the IRS... and he also used the FBI/DOJ to go after journalists.  Other journalists actually did speak out against it, but they didn't demonize Obama to the extend that Trump has been demonized (for the terrible crime of insulting the press).  Come to think of it, Obama insulted the press, too.  Hmmm...

@"AGRforever" said:
@"pumpf" said:
I'm still waiting for a link to show that Bush "punished his enemies" via the Patriot Act.  We KNOW that Obama went after conservatives using the IRS... and he also used the FBI/DOJ to go after journalists.  Other journalists actually did speak out against it, but they didn't demonize Obama to the extend that Trump has been demonized (for the terrible crime of insulting the press).  Come to think of it, Obama insulted the press, too.  Hmmm...
You have proof that OBAMA was behind it, do ya? 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
Oh my God. Lemme guess, you believe the Clintons murdered Vince Foster, Barack Obama was born in Kenya, there's a child sex ring run by Hillary Clinton out of a, um, pizza shop, and that the kids and parents in both Parkland and Newtown were crisis actors. 
Right, deflect, deflect but..................The IRS admitted they did wrong.  They did target conservatives. 

Oh and if you believe the laundry list of Clinton murders isn't at all feasible then I've got to ask how blue your shades are??  I mean if theres so darn much smoke that investigators are gagging on it doesn't it at least seem possible? 
dems would be hard pressed to find many people in the whitewater area of arkansas that dont think the clintons are dirty as hell and that there are bodies missing as a result of their bull shit.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:

dems would be hard pressed to find many people in the whitewater area of arkansas that dont think the clintons are dirty as hell and that there are bodies missing as a result of their bull shit.
Agree. And the fact that there are so many inside and outside of Arkansas willing to swallow that nonsense is a big part of why we ended up with a moron in the White House. So, um...thanks. 

@"AGRforever" said:
@"pumpf" said:
Are we limiting this to American citizens?  I mean there was that whole war thing from 2001 through......well its still on going and North of $6T in expenditures.  Then theres all the intelligence gathering approved and designed under his term.  Heck the NSA was nothing till the Patriot Act.