Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOJ Wants Anti-trump Facebook User Info
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art...-activists

Nothing to see here folks...when your neighbors start getting arrested or disappear because of their political beliefs, or sexuality, or religious practices will you open your eyes then? Fascism 101...

People should not be under any assumption that this is a new thing or that it is in anyway limited to this administration.  The major internet companies are constantly being asked to provide information about people in ways that most people wouldn't agree with and it's been going on for as long as the internet has been.

It is unlikely that you will "disappear" for liking something on facebook, and I think it's pretty safe to say that even if the DOJ didn't try to obtain that information, they probably would have sold similar information to anyone that offered a reasonable sum of money.  Also, if they really wanted you to make those people disappear, that option probably doesn't require any help from facebook, because of all they spy on all your transactions anyway.

If this is in any way true (of which I'm skeptical), he would still not be the first president to try stuff like this.  His predecessor paved the way for this kind of stuff... and I didn't hear a peep about it.  So let me take the high road: if a Republican president is trying to get information about his "enemies" in this (or any other) way: it is wrong, and he should be impeached for it.  Now, let's hear our resident liberals be critical of Obama for using his DOJ and his IRS to "punish" his "enemies".  

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
If this is in any way true (of which I'm skeptical), he would still not be the first president to try stuff like this.  His predecessor paved the way for this kind of stuff... and I didn't hear a peep about it.  So let me take the high road: if a Republican president is trying to get information about his "enemies" in this (or any other) way: it is wrong, and he should be impeached for it.  Now, let's hear our resident liberals be critical of Obama for using his DOJ and his IRS to "punish" his "enemies".  
but that was different....

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
Oh my God. Lemme guess, you believe the Clintons murdered Vince Foster, Barack Obama was born in Kenya, there's a child sex ring run by Hillary Clinton out of a, um, pizza shop, and that the kids and parents in both Parkland and Newtown were crisis actors. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
Oh my God. Lemme guess, you believe the Clintons murdered Vince Foster, Barack Obama was born in Kenya, there's a child sex ring run by Hillary Clinton out of a, um, pizza shop, and that the kids and parents in both Parkland and Newtown were crisis actors. 
So you are sayng that the IRS wasn't targeting conservatives under obama?  Why don't you tell us again how the democtractic party is the compassionate and tolerant party and it's the dirty evil conservatives that are causing all the unrest as long as we are rehashing fairy tales.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
So you are sayng that the IRS wasn't targeting conservatives under obama?  
No, of course not. Not unless conservatives use labels like "progressive," "acorn," "green energy" and "occupy." That whole thing was just nonsense. Which ya'll should've known even before the truth came out. Like yeah, Obama's big strategy for winning was to delay the tax exempt status for little tea parties who don't have enough money to tax anyway. 

The rest of your post is right though.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
No, of course not. Not unless conservatives use labels like "progressive," "acorn," "green energy" and "occupy." That whole thing was just nonsense. Which ya'll should've known even before the truth came out. Like yeah, Obama's big strategy for winning was to delay the tax exempt status for little tea parties who don't have enough money to tax anyway. 

So it is ok as long as it only happens to those you disagree with politically? Got it.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:

So it is ok as long as it only happens to those you disagree with politically? Got it.
Whether it's OK or not is another topic (I personally don't see very much wrong with added scrutiny for groups filing for tax exempt status), but it's not the partisan scandal it was made out to be after it was discovered the targeting happened under both Bush and Obama and targeted groups on both sides.

@"greediron" said:
Whether it's OK or not is another topic (I personally don't see very much wrong with added scrutiny for groups filing for tax exempt status), but it's not the partisan scandal it was made out to be after it was discovered the targeting happened under both Bush and Obama and targeted groups on both sides.
LINK?