Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Keenum is who Zimmer and Vikes's brass thought he was....
I'm old school, was hoping they would reward Case and had kept him around.  Glad we got Kirk, damn happy he's one of ours.  Probably good I am not a GM, I wouldn't make the same decisions.  Also why I am so disappointed with how BRob has been treated, it just feels wrong to me, just a real WTF reaction every time I think about it 

The Broncos offense has more points scored (84 against teams with a combined 10-6 record) than the Vikings offense (83 against teams with a combined 8-7-1 record).

The 2017 Vikings offense scored 79 through the first 4 games.

Quote: @"silverjoel" said:
The Broncos offense has more points scored (84 against teams with a combined 10-6 record) than the Vikings offense (83 against teams with a combined 8-7-1 record).

Cousins has 10 TD passes. Keenum has 3....and hasn't thrown a TD in his last 3 games. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"silverjoel" said:

Cousins has 10 TD passes. Keenum has 3....and hasn't thrown a TD in his last 3 games. 
I forgot that passing TDs are worth more than rushing TDs.  Somehow, an 80 yard drive with 40 yards passing and 40 yards rushing is only good if it ends in a passing TD.

@"StickyBun" said:
@"silverjoel" said:

I forgot that passing TDs are worth more than rushing TDs.  Somehow, an 80 yard drive with 40 yards passing and 40 yards rushing is only good if it ends in a passing TD.
Cousins has a QB rating of 103.6, Keenum's is 72.1. 

To anyone not pushing some kind of agenda, its painfully obvious who is playing better thus far. Only on a message board is this not abundantly clear. Not even sure how this can be a debate. Cousins is working with the worst rushing attack in the NFL right now and still playing lights out.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"silverjoel" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"silverjoel" said:

To anyone not pushing some kind of agenda, its painfully obvious who is playing better thus far. Only on a message board is this not abundantly clear. Not even sure how this can be a debate.
Denver's offense has scored more points.  How is that an agenda?  It's a team game, isn't that what's always said if someone wants to discredit a particular player?  Now you get your QB stats, so let's discredit the team.

Yeah, I get it.  This Vikings team is letting Bradford Cousins down.  What more is Bradford Cousins supposed to do?  I already had this conversation with you two years ago.. Best Vikings QB since Favre.  You wanted QB stats, you got them.  You never looked at what throwing 50 times a game did to the rest of the team and the affect it had on actually winning games.

@"StickyBun" said:
@"silverjoel" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"silverjoel" said:

To anyone not pushing some kind of agenda, its painfully obvious who is playing better thus far. Only on a message board is this not abundantly clear. Not even sure how this can be a debate.
Denver's offense has scored more points.  How is that an agenda?  It's a team game, isn't that what's always said if someone wants to discredit a particular player?  Now you get your QB stats, so let's discredit the team.

Yeah, I get it.  This Vikings team is letting Bradford Cousins down.  What more is Bradford Cousins supposed to do?  I already had this conversation with you two years ago.. Best Vikings QB since Favre.  You wanted QB stats, you got them.  You never looked at what throwing 50 times a game did to the rest of the team and the affect it had on actually winning games.
This is a rabbit hole to go down. I won't try to change your mind, its all good. We can each believe what we'd like, I guess? 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
I do miss the way Case can excape poor pass protection and make plays.  Cousins is a way better "pure" passer, but doesn't move anywhere near as well as Case.  Kirk hasn't consistently shown the ability to "step-up" to avoid outside pressure like Case can.  At times, I think Kirk actually looks awkward trying to avoid pressure.

While I agree Kirk is better than all three options on the team last year, I'm more than skeptical he's the "franchise QB" we've all been waiting for.  His fumbling is a real problem (35 since 2015), and he hasn't won me over yet as the new "face of the Vikings".  There's room for improvement for Kirk, and I hope he can continue to get better.

If we could combine the way Case moves around with Cousins throwing ability, then I believe we'd really have something.  B)
Cousins has shown fine running ability and escapes from pressure often. He isn't a running QB, but Keenum is hardly Michael Vick either. We don't need to combine Cousins with any aspect of Keenum's game; Kirk is already something special.
Quote:
@"suncoastvike" said:
I loved Case and the passion and joy he brought to the team. They were a bunch of kids having fun on the playground. If Zimmer was so right about anything it sure wasn't how to stop teams from scoring on him. He's been plenty wrong to. That said I'm happy with Kirk. Even if I miss the duck, duck goose. There's not much joy this year.
Thanks for the fun Case. Sorry things aren't working out for you. Hey at least your not Sam.
If players were doing duck, duck whatever or showing "joy" while we were losing, half this board would be screaming that they were out of line for it. I don't believe the 2017 Vikings were winning because they were having fun - they were having fun because they were winning.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
 I don't believe the 2017 Vikings were winning because they were having fun - they were having fun because they were winning. 
Exactly. Nobody is having fun because they are 1-2-1. Its all shit and giggles when you are winning. When Minnesota was 2-2 last year, it was pretty somber. 

Love 2017 Case, but he truly caught lightning in a bottle, played with the #1 defense.  Never had to really go to to toe in any shootouts and put up big points.  Nice guy, but Cousins is a clear upgrade.