Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Cosby gonna do time (3-10 years)
The victims were slammed in the media. They were looking for attention and they were lying were common themes. Most women are not looking to be put on trial in the court of public opinion. Most women are not looking to be called horrible names or shamed or to have their character, morals or actions attacked repeatedly. There was so much blame put on the them. What they went through then and now was disgusting.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
I don't understand sentencing. 3 - 10 years how does that work? He'll be eligible for parole in 3 years but they can deny him for up to 10? Seems way light. I would of hoped it would have started at 10 and went up from there. Minny65 is right. Some guys got 10 year mandatory sentences for selling weed. That's messed up priorities there?
If I read correctly 3 years was minimum but he's actually elligible for parole when he's served 80% of his minimum.  So 29 months.  I would guess he could also get a "compassionate" release if they think he's dying. 

Listen to this sick fuck.  He was talking about drugging women very very early on. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
The victims were slammed in the media. They were looking for attention and they were lying were common themes. Most women are not looking to be put on trial in the court of public opinion. Most women are not looking to be called horrible names or shamed or to have their character, morals or actions attacked repeatedly. There was so much blame put on the them. What they went through then and now was disgusting.
in no way am I condoning rape or women being shamed for bringing the accusations,  but considering he was father cosby and these allegations took a long damn time to surface,  and we do know that women have brought allegations in attempt to get a quick pay out,  I can understand questioning the original claims.  however in light of what came out,  the judge that handed out this sentence should now be brought to the carpet for fitness to rule.  this sentence makes a mockery of our criminal justice system and calls into question a lot of other rulings and sentences.  our system has too much leeway in sentencing IMO.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
I don't understand sentencing. 3 - 10 years how does that work? He'll be eligible for parole in 3 years but they can deny him for up to 10? Seems way light. I would of hoped it would have started at 10 and went up from there. Minny65 is right. Some guys got 10 year mandatory sentences for selling weed. That's messed up priorities there?

One thing is that a lot of the victims came forward after the statue of limitations to file charges.  This shouldn't but did damage their creditability since multiple women came forward with the same claim and around the same time.  Of course, Cosby's lawyers and the media will make this look like a lynch mob coming after the poor old black man who has done so much for America.  All in all, regardless...Cosby was found guilty, labeled a sexual predator and will serve some time.  Like the victims, Cosby's picture perfect live will never be the same ever again like his victims..  

One of his first questions was "will I have to register to travel"  speaking about when he gets out will he have to register as a sex offender for every city he travels to.  The answer is yes by the way but FUCK him.  Thats your concern?  You'll have to pull back on travel because registering is a pain?

Bill Cosby's star of the Hollywood Walk of Fame vandalized http://bit.ly/2xSxJT7 
[Image: DoB_D1_XoAAz_JQ.jpg]

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Listen to this sick fuck.  He was talking about drugging women very very early on. 

Not groovy man...

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Of course his lawyer said it was racially motivated, the conviction, and then went on to compare Cosby to Jesus Christ. Unreal. Lawyers are such shitbags. 
Huh. My wife, her father, her brother and many of our friends are lawyers. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Of course his lawyer said it was racially motivated, the conviction, and then went on to compare Cosby to Jesus Christ. Unreal. Lawyers are such shitbags. 
Huh. My wife, her father, her brother and many of our friends are lawyers. 
Other than them.