Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elflein to start Thursday
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"TBro" said:
I will be curious to see if Reiff participates in practice today. If he DNP's again today, I think it's safe to say he will be ruled out for tomorrow's game. If so, where does that leave us for this week's line? Hill has been gimpy for the past two weeks so my preference would be to leave O'Neill as the starter but that may not be an option if we have to move O'Neill to LT this week. You almost have to move Remmers back to RT and insert Isodora at RG. Man this is turning into a major shit show and the absolute wrong time with the Rams and then the Eagles to follow. I would still like Jones to replace Compton at LG regardless of what happens with the other positions. He has been hot garbage so far this year.  
If RR is out the line should be ONeill Jones Elf Isi Hill/Remmers
you want to start oniell at LT. lol. 

not saying youre wrong...in fact i cant think of a better option but damn how can the team have so much talent yet our OL is sooooo shit. 
Hill has more experience,  but he is less athletic to begin with and is nursing a bum wheel.  Rudolph typically does better off the left side so we can line up Rudy next to ONeill to help if/when necessary.  Also leaves Hill on the right side where he has been getting most of the reps this year.  I dont like musical chairs along the front,  especially moving a guy from side to side if it can be avoided.
Not arguing at all that its the right placement with our current roster.  Friggin Vikings shoulda made accommodation for the OL in the offseason. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"TBro" said:
I will be curious to see if Reiff participates in practice today. If he DNP's again today, I think it's safe to say he will be ruled out for tomorrow's game. If so, where does that leave us for this week's line? Hill has been gimpy for the past two weeks so my preference would be to leave O'Neill as the starter but that may not be an option if we have to move O'Neill to LT this week. You almost have to move Remmers back to RT and insert Isodora at RG. Man this is turning into a major shit show and the absolute wrong time with the Rams and then the Eagles to follow. I would still like Jones to replace Compton at LG regardless of what happens with the other positions. He has been hot garbage so far this year.  

not saying youre wrong...in fact i cant think of a better option but damn how can the team have so much talent yet our OL is sooooo shit. 
Hill has more experience,  but he is less athletic to begin with and is nursing a bum wheel.  Rudolph typically does better off the left side so we can line up Rudy next to ONeill to help if/when necessary.  Also leaves Hill on the right side where he has been getting most of the reps this year.  I dont like musical chairs along the front,  especially moving a guy from side to side if it can be avoided.
Not arguing at all that its the right placement with our current roster.  Friggin Vikings shoulda made accommodation for the OL in the offseason. 
How many years have we been preaching to the choir about that? Look at how many of Rick's Oline draft picks are still with the team? It's a pretty scary failure rate. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"TBro" said:

injuries cant be accounted for.   this is an entirely different conversation if Easton and Collins dont get hurt in camp.  this team is just snake bitten along that OL.

also,  its not like the team is flush with cash to go OL shopping.  We all knew once we got into the 30 million dollar qb club that the roster would suffer some where.   So where do we cut back to be able to afford better OL?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"TBro" said:

injuries cant be accounted for.   this is an entirely different conversation if Easton and Collins dont get hurt in camp.  this team is just snake bitten along that OL.

also,  its not like the team is flush with cash to go OL shopping.  We all knew once we got into the 30 million dollar qb club that the roster would suffer some where.   So where do we cut back to be able to afford better OL?
They might free up about $10.5M from a certain veteran DE on next year's cap. 

Too soon?

I'd like the GMs here to please tell me what team other than the Eagles is fine when their starting LT goes down.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
I'd like the GMs here to please tell me what team other than the Eagles is fine when their starting LT goes down.
The Panthers...?  Wink B)  

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"TBro" said:

Too soon?
I thought about those implications, but I didn't want to bring it up because it's really too soon to know if this can be resolved with Medication, or if his Mental Illness has been elevated to a level that he can no longer control with Medication that would allow him to continue his career. 

Here is what I'm wondering. Why did we go out and sign George Iloka if he isn't going to play? That money could of been used for another OLineman. I know that is an after the fact take with the recent injuries, but Compton has looked like garbage all preseason yet he still is the starter. Hill is banged up, and now Reiff is dealing with a foot injury as well. Zimmer better get this figured out quickly or this season will not be salvaged. I was excited about Flip joining the staff, but he is learning on the job and it could be too late before he can figure this out and get the offense in sync. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"TBro" said:

Too soon?
I thought about those implications, but I didn't want to bring it up because it's really too soon to know if this can be resolved with Medication, or if his Mental Illness has been elevated to a level that he can no longer control with Medication that would allow him to continue his career. 

Here is what I'm wondering. Why did we go out and sign George Iloka if he isn't going to play? That money could of been used for another OLineman. I know that is an after the fact take with the recent injuries, but Compton has looked like garbage all preseason yet he still is the starter. Hill is banged up, and now Reiff is dealing with a foot injury as well. Zimmer better get this figured out quickly or this season will not be salvaged. I was excited about Flip joining the staff, but he is learning on the job and it could be too late before he can figure this out and get the offense in sync. 
the problem is.... who is out there as an OL to sign?  I have been wondering when my boy Jeremiah Sirles will be ready to go.   He was released after he got hurt in preseason by the panthers. 

scratch that... he is apprently ready to go now since he just signed yesterday with the bills.... why the hell wasnt he brought back,  he is immediately better than both of our existing guards and does have experience at OT as well.  I am sure they could have found a million here or there to bring a guy in.  

scratch that.... he signed with the bills for $650,000,   hey rick... you sleepin over there or what?