Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elflein to start Thursday
So now the question is will Compton still be the starting LG? My guess is yes.

God I hope not.  I want the best 5 out there we have and if he is it,  then some people need to be looking for another career.  I know we lost Easton, but Compton hasnt looked good at all this year over any series of downs IMO.

Good, on the Elflein part...

I don't get how Isidora is not better than Compton. I am going to hope Brett Jones is there and he plays better at Guard than center.

Did Elflein start on Sunday?  I am one of the thankful people who didn't see the game last week.  We had clients in town and i was out playing golf all afternoon.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
Did Elflein start on Sunday?  I am one of the thankful people who didn't see the game last week.  We had clients in town and i was out playing golf all afternoon.
No, he didn't start but played significant snaps.

I will be curious to see if Reiff participates in practice today. If he DNP's again today, I think it's safe to say he will be ruled out for tomorrow's game. If so, where does that leave us for this week's line? Hill has been gimpy for the past two weeks so my preference would be to leave O'Neill as the starter but that may not be an option if we have to move O'Neill to LT this week. You almost have to move Remmers back to RT and insert Isodora at RG. Man this is turning into a major shit show and the absolute wrong time with the Rams and then the Eagles to follow. I would still like Jones to replace Compton at LG regardless of what happens with the other positions. He has been hot garbage so far this year.  

Quote: @TBro said:
I will be curious to see if Reiff participates in practice today. If he DNP's again today, I think it's safe to say he will be ruled out for tomorrow's game. If so, where does that leave us for this week's line? Hill has been gimpy for the past two weeks so my preference would be to leave O'Neill as the starter but that may not be an option if we have to move O'Neill to LT this week. You almost have to move Remmers back to RT and insert Isodora at RG. Man this is turning into a major shit show and the absolute wrong time with the Rams and then the Eagles to follow. I would still like Jones to replace Compton at LG regardless of what happens with the other positions. He has been hot garbage so far this year.  
If RR is out the line should be ONeill Jones Elf Isi Hill/Remmers

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
you want to start oniell at LT. lol. 

not saying youre wrong...in fact i cant think of a better option but damn how can the team have so much talent yet our OL is sooooo shit. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
you want to start oniell at LT. lol. 

not saying youre wrong...in fact i cant think of a better option but damn how can the team have so much talent yet our OL is sooooo shit. 
Hill has more experience,  but he is less athletic to begin with and is nursing a bum wheel.  Rudolph typically does better off the left side so we can line up Rudy next to ONeill to help if/when necessary.  Also leaves Hill on the right side where he has been getting most of the reps this year.  I dont like musical chairs along the front,  especially moving a guy from side to side if it can be avoided.