Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Else Enjoying The Steelers Implosion?
Quote: @greediron said:
@pumpf said:
Yep.  Sign a bunch of divas... and then reap what you sow.
and a diva for a coach.  So glad we didn't get stuck with him.  I thought he was a great DC, but he has turned out to be a disaster as a HC.
Wait, are you talking about Tomlin, or did I miss a post? Tomlin's been head coach of that team for 11 years. Won a Super Bowl. Coach of the Year. Over that time, how many years did that team not go to the playoffs? I don't remember too many. Disaster? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@pumpf said:
and a diva for a coach.  So glad we didn't get stuck with him.  I thought he was a great DC, but he has turned out to be a disaster as a HC.
Wait, are you talking about Tomlin, or did I miss a post? Tomlin's been head coach of that team for 11 years. Won a Super Bowl. Coach of the Year. Over that time, how many years did that team not go to the playoffs? I don't remember too many. Disaster? 
On the one hand, Tomlin has had alot of success.  On the other hand, they  play in a powder-puff division (Cleveland and Cincinatti twice a year).  That's like having 4 wins without even rolling out of bed.  :p  All he has to do after that is win 6 of the remaining 12 games and they're in the playoffs.  I could go either way on Tomlin.

@greediron said:
@pumpf said:
Didn't he win with Cower's roster?  And has been in steady decline since?  He is the worst type of coach.  Good enough to stay employed and drag it on forever.  An emotional drama filled Jeff Fisher. 

The team has offensive talent in Ben, AB and Bell, but Tomlin has run that defense into the ground.  I would rather have a Frazier debacle followed by Zimmer than 11 years of mediocre crap.  Yes they won a SB.  So did Chucky. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@pumpf said:
On the one hand, Tomlin has had alot of success.  On the other hand, they  play in a powder-puff division (Cleveland and Cincinatti twice a year).  That's like having 4 wins without even rolling out of bed.  :p  All he has to do after that is win 6 of the remaining 12 games and they're in the playoffs.  I could go either way on Tomlin.
So I googled it. In 11 years as head coach, Tomlin has 8 playoff appearances, a Super Bowl victory and a Coach of the Year award. I don't care who you have in your division, I don't think that quite rises to the "disaster" level. I'm not even sure where this is coming from. Are people blaming Tomlin for Bell? The front office is the one responsible for offering Bell that crap deal and then shining it up in the media to make him look greedy. 

@greediron said:
@pumpf said:

And once he almost made a game saving trip. Don't forget to add that to his bio.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@pumpf said:

And once he almost made a game saving trip. Don't forget to add that to his bio.
Haha, yes.  That is the crap that would be so embarrassing if I were a fan.  The coach should be in control, not an emotional juvenile acting out on the sidelines.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@pumpf said:
Didn't he win with Cower's roster?  And has been in steady decline since?  He is the worst type of coach.  Good enough to stay employed and drag it on forever.  An emotional drama filled Jeff Fisher. 

The team has offensive talent in Ben, AB and Bell, but Tomlin has run that defense into the ground.  I would rather have a Frazier debacle followed by Zimmer than 11 years of mediocre crap.  Yes they won a SB.  So did Chucky. 
Bill Cower hasn't been coach of that team since 2006. He had no more impact on the Steelers' 13-3 season last year than Mike Tice had on ours. 

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@pumpf said:

Bill Cower hasn't been coach of that team since 2006. He had no more impact on the Steelers' 13-3 season last year than Mike Tice had on ours. 
Like Tice I think Tomlin is too close to his players and lets boys be boys. I'm not saying he's a bad coach. He let his team get out of his control...imo.  Now it's not working for him. He might need to get a little tougher on these guy to salvage this season.

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@pumpf said:

Let's look at the math.  2018 -11 = 2007.  So yes, that was still Cower's roster when they won it following the 08 season.    That was the last SB win. 

Tomlin can inspire, he is emotional and can lead for a time.  But IMO that type of coach can't sustain a roster.  The uneven emotional handling of the roster doesn't create a longterm winning lockerroom.  Kind of like Seattle.  They won on emotion, but they also lost on emotion.  And now when they aren't the bullies, they are horrible.

Obviously he won a SB in the NFL, so he can coach and lead.  But he isn't the type of coach I want, hence I am glad we didn't get stuck with him.  Too emotional and no accountability.

Bradshaw says he’s a good cheerleader!  B)