Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update from Sassy
She, Don and family are in my prayers nightly.  Miss her on this board. Sad

Think of her often.  This really stinks.

Thanks for the update, so sad
Seems not that long ago the biggest problem they had on a Sunday was how many wings to make for the company they invited over, some like me, a transplanted Viking

Good folk, salt of the earth

I thought I had this posteD yesterday but it must have not stuck.

Here's a link to a Gofundme 

www.gofundme.com/for-don-and-sassy

Another update from facebook~
Just hung up with Don in Flagstaff. It is amazing what a good nurse, along with the proper drug(s) will do for one's outlook!!!

He is scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon. The surgeon went in depth with all that would take place. Dr. Hall will remove as much of the tumor (yes there is a tumor) as he can without further damaging the spine, then bridge the two vertebrae directly above and the 2 directly below the deteriorated discs. Then in two weeks time he will get radiation therapy.

Don is aware that he has a very uphill battle ahead of him and that his time on earth is limited, but if things go well......he'll be around to see Kasey graduate and catch a few monster small-mouth bass and the like. Heck.....if things go really well, maybe we can all, as a family, head down to Tucson in December for Emma's deer hunt & Christmas with his family. Something I was fearful about just yesterday. Fingers crossed!!!

I had planned on taking the girls to Flagstaff on Friday to see him, but he is adamant that we wait until he is ready to come home so he doesn't have to endure another ambulance ride for 3 hours.

Again he was in good spirits and that is the first time I've heard that in a while.....well except of course for when Bosco came to visit!!

So you are now as up to date as I am.

This part is not on facebook.....he told me that Dr. Hall figures a year or less. And Don is terrified.....I am relieved because I didn't think I'd have him around after this weekend with as bad as he was/is. So.....while not a set in stone timeline, it's the first time a doctor has given his 'estimate'~

Shoot, they're a great family and great Viking fans.  Thoughts and prayers go out to them.  Cancer can suck it, it ruins so many lives. 

Purp1eOne has opened up the VikingHorn Board to guests if you'd like to leave a well wish message within the thread.  I know she has a lot of friends that are still over here.  Sassy has been pretty good at keeping us informed (and venting....as only Sassy can do...lol). 

http://vikinghorn.proboards.com/thread/7...ate-on-don

As Jimmy said, we also started a GoFundMe campaign.  Please give it some consideration.  Every little bit helps.  Thanks in advance.

We keep them in our family prayers as well.  I hate cancer.

Glad Don has turned a corner, at least for a time.  Hard to even imagine being in her shoes, but I do know from experience that the not knowing is very hard. 

Sassy, sending you and your family a lot of love and prayers.

I just prayed for him.