Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update from Sassy
Copied from the horn site which was a post on her Facebook page.

I am sorry for laying this on you guys, but you're like family and I'm feeling rather lost~
This is my post from my facebook page~

A call for prayers~
Don went into the hospital on Friday due to very weak legs. He has been in excruciating pain since the end of May. He was getting weaker and weaker and we assumed it was due to the chemo-treatments.

After the last chemo session (last Thurs) the radiologist was very concerned and said that this was in no way, shape or form from the treatments and he needed to get with his oncologist. The oncologist said Don needed to get to the hospital as the weak/numb legs were VERY worrisome.

So on Friday he went in. They ordered an MRI, which didn't get done until last night and it pained Don greatly. The consensus before the MRI was a deteriorated section of the spine that might be treated with a heavy-dose radiation for 5 days or if it was a tumor, surgery. The one oncologist made it abundantly clear that an impact could break Dons spine, leaving him paralyzed.

They started the radiation therapy then took him back to his room. Well, he just called and said they want to take him to Flagstaff for surgery. They wanted to go tonight, but he said absolutely not! As he needed to work things out with the girls and me.

So he is going to Flagstaff in the morning for surgery. he is going alone as I can't leave the girls (well, Kasey) alone. I thought of pulling them out of school(s) & work and just heading over there, but what am I to do with Bosco? And where could we stay and how in the heck am I going to pay for said hotel room & gas and......well......I'm offering it up to God here. I have to trust in him to see us through yet another ordeal. I have leaned heavily on Aunt Irene and her sage advice has helped me cope.

Now I am calling on all of you in one way or another.
Please continue to keep Don and us in your prayers.

Linda~could you let David & Mary know. Maybe David could give Don a call.....just to try to lift spirits. I will message you the #. Just warn David that Don is exhausted and very short tempered.....rightly so~
Lori~I love how much you have helped me through this past weekend. Please don't stop!! mad-love for ya girlfriend.

That is enough for now as I've got to make something for dinner for Kasey, wait for Emma to get home from school/work then we will head over to the hospital.

I am trying to remain strong through all of this but I am terrified.

The love of family & friends is so very important to the entire Hunt family.
I've held out telling people until we knew more.....now we know.

Read more: http://vikinghorn.proboards.com/thread/7656/burden-all-update-on-don#ixzz5RSXsN0Ys

Thanks Jimmy.
Everyone send thoughts and prayer if nothing else.

I'm very sorry to hear that, best wishes go out to Sass and her family.  Sad

A very difficult situation, I wish her and her family the best and to find the strength to get to the other side. 

Prayers for Don and Sassy and the family, asking the Lord to give them all strength and courage. Praying for healing for Don.

Thanks for the update, Jimmy.  Thoughts of strength and best wishes sent your way, Sass.  Very tough news, so sorry.

Ugh I know this has been a long ordeal for their family. Thinking about them today.

Very sad to hear things like this happening to good people.  Prayers and well wishes to Sassy and especially to Don.   

I am wishing them all the best. Sending love, light, positive and healing vibes. May they all find the strength to continue to fight and trust and believe in the powers above and beyond us all. 

A little more background on what they're going through:http://vikinghorn.proboards.com/thread/7599/chaos-reigns-supreme

There is a gofundme link for anybody interested in helping out in the thread that Jimmy posted:http://vikinghorn.proboards.com/thread/7656/burden-all-update-on-don?page=1
Thoughts and prayers.