Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys/Gals what do we do about WR #3?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
If we can trust Zylstra, he's a very similar type receiver to Treadwell. They might also consider calling up Beebe. Now that kid doesn't drop anything. But honestly, I think the most likely thing is that they give more snaps to Coley and Zylstra but Treadwell stays in the mix as well. 
I think Treadwell stays heavily in the fold,  but they do start to give some of his chances to the other 2.  They really have to until somebody solidifies themself at the position.

tread is our 3rd best receiver and its not close IDT

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
He hasn't been the 3rd best WR at any time that he's been on the roster in 2+ seasons.  His draft position/contract is the only reason he is still on the team at all.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
He hasn't been the 3rd best WR at any time that he's been on the roster in 2+ seasons.  His draft position/contract is the only reason he is still on the team at all.
im sure you are right, but then Keenum was better than cousins in your view so theres that

Finally, we have a QB who can generate a strong passing offense, and he has 2 fantastic WRs. I'm happy for those 3, but can't help think another WR who is a legit threat would make everyone even better. I really believe the Vikings thought Kendall Wright would be their 3rd receiving option, and would only be using Treadwell as a downfield blocker if so.

Yesterday, for Carolina, Jarius Wright caught 5 passes for 62 yard and a TD...and $2.12M of his salary is still on the Vikings' cap.

Treadwell's big drop - the interception - was just too fast for him. I do not think he can catch that pass on a regular basis. That pass came out hot. I assume that is where he hurt his finger.  But that is not his only receiving flaw.  He has found various ways to drop passes.  It's not all dropped fastballs. He did try to run before catching the pass that Cousins threw while being tackled. And he seemed to lack concentration on the pass he dropped vs. S.F. that may have been meant for Rudolph - I think Treadwell realized he was out of position and had that on his mind when he saw the ball. ....  Every drop may have a different cause.  So what to do with him?  It's not like the other receivers (not named Diggs or Thielen, of course) have been world beaters.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"SFVikingFan" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
im sure you are right, but then Keenum was better than cousins in your view so theres that
The only comparison that I've made between the two was to say after last season that Keenum had a better 2017 than Cousins.  I still stand by that.

Keenum: 98.3 rating (8th) 72.8 QBR (2nd)
Cousins: 93.9 rating (14th)  56.0 QBR (15th)

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"SFVikingFan" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
The only comparison that I've made between the two was to say after last season that Keenum had a better 2017 than Cousins.  I still stand by that.

Keenum: 98.3 rating (8th) 72.8 QBR (2nd)
Cousins: 93.9 rating (14th)  56.0 QBR (15th)

...which is meaningless without factoring in supporting cast. Care to compare them this year? 

Case: 59%, 3 TDs, 4 INTs, 73 rating
Kirk: 65%, 6 TDs, 1 INT, 109 rating

My point about QBs for years has been that everyone overreacts to good and bad QB performances without adequately factoring in their situations (coordinator, line, weapons). Two years ago, Matt Ryan was MVP, the year before he was terrible. This year he's pretty terrible again. Derek Carr, Fitzmagic, Deshaun Watson, Andy Dalton, Matthew Stafford, Nick Foles, Patrick Mahomes, Sam Bradford...with a handful of exceptions, every QB in the NFL rises and falls based on his situation. 

Oh..and the poster boy for this: Dak Prescott

Maybe the team just did something with the Aldrick Robinson signing: deep speed.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Maybe the team just did something with the Aldrick Robinson signing: deep speed.
Seeing what Kirk can do putting deep passes on the money, we need to make sure every WR on the field can exploit that. With Thielen and Diggs as 1 and 1a (or is it 1a and 1?), just get a WR3 who can outrun any nickel back and let Kirk do his thing.