Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys/Gals what do we do about WR #3?
We're going to miss Jarius aren't we?

I was happy for Laquon when he got his first TD, I truly was. Then I wasn't happy again with him for the rest of the game. 

I think guys like Coley and Zylstra might get a few more snaps, but honestly I think Treadwell will still get the majority of playing time as the #3 WR.  The drops were BAD...  but he ran a great route on his TD catch.  Also, go back and re-watch some of Cook, Diggs, and Thielen's catch and runs...  you'll always see Treadwell locked up with a guy downfield trying to spring it for a TD.
It's super frustrating to see him do so many things well and then have these concentration drops and stone hand a ball every once in awhile.  I think it's mental.  The dude needs to figure it out ASAP.

I think they will stick with Treadwell. Already stuck with him this long, may as well continue a little longer I guess.
Just not sure we have anyone else to put in there. Coley came in and had a quick drop and then wasn't on the same page at all with Kirk on that deep ball that got picked off (but called back).
Yes, we are going to miss Jarius. I saw he got a TD for Carolina yesterday. He's a nice player and was clutch on 3rd downs.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
I think guys like Coley and Zylstra might get a few more snaps, but honestly I think Treadwell will still get the majority of playing time as the #3 WR.  The drops were BAD...  but he ran a great route on his TD catch.  Also, go back and re-watch some of Cook, Diggs, and Thielen's catch and runs...  you'll always see Treadwell locked up with a guy downfield trying to spring it for a TD.
It's super frustrating to see him do so many things well and then have these concentration drops and stone hand a ball every once in awhile.  I think it's mental.  The dude needs to figure it out ASAP.
pretty much where I am at,  he is a passing game liability most the time,  but on a team that is built for RAC and playing big on the RBs,  his downfield blocking is very very underappreciated. (and no we wouldnt get the same thing by adding another lineman or TE at that WR position as some smart asses like to throw out there)  I know he is a bust as a first round draft pick, but that is over, cant get it back and no matter how much some are bothered by it,  it wont change.  He is likely done after next year with us so the best thing is to try and limit his liabilities and get something out of the money invested.

but honestly,  I am not sure who we have that would provide as much as he does in his place.  there is a reason they keep running him out there and its not his draft status any more.

I won't be a bit surprised to see Treadwell demoted starting this week.  Coley I think is next in line to get a shot at #3, and he's also faster.  I know I'm ready to see if others can catch the slants Kirk is pitching in there.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
I won't be a bit surprised to see Treadwell demoted starting this week.  Coley I think is next in line to get a shot at #3, and he's also faster.  I know I'm ready to see if others can catch the slants Kirk is pitching in there.
well Coley missed a slant the exact same way Tread did. just lucky it wasnt popped up for int 

Tread is the no 3 WR. two bad drops isnt changing that.... YET

Quote: @"Vikeking2" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
well Coley missed a slant the exact same way Tread did. just lucky it wasnt popped up for int 

Tread is the no 3 WR. two bad drops isnt changing that.... YET
We'll see.  I don't think Zim has much more patience for him.

Not a big fan of Treadwell and lord knows in his 3rd year as a 1st rd pick he should be way farther along.  However unlike year 1 and 2, he is running good routes.  He is getting open.  His drops are more related to looking upfield to quick and not in poor technique.  I think they will stay with him for a bit.  He has to resolve it pretty quickly though.

If we can trust Zylstra, he's a very similar type receiver to Treadwell. They might also consider calling up Beebe. Now that kid doesn't drop anything. But honestly, I think the most likely thing is that they give more snaps to Coley and Zylstra but Treadwell stays in the mix as well.