Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They are howling mad in Detroit
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Their GM, Bob Quinn and head coach Matt Patricia were especially arrogant this offseason. Basically saying we are smarter than everyone and we can do better than Jim Caldwell can. LMAO. Quite the embarrassing start against the youngest rookie QB to ever start a NFL game. Fans are berserker mad. They fired Caldwell after a 9-7 season. What a shit show in the 2nd half last night in DeToilet. And can a guy look any sloppier appearance-wise as a HC than Matt Patricia?? I mean, c'mon. Looks like someone who eats pizza all day in his parent's basement.

Now they go play a very good 49ers team on the road and then New England. Good luck with that.
Looks like the one thing he learned from his mentor Bellycheat is how to dress.

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
As awful as Stafford was, what gives them zero hope was lack of coaching and being prepared.   Read 2 articles today about Jets knew their plays.  Everything was dictated and easily recognized.  The pick 6, Adams said they practiced defending that same play all week and when Detroit called it he was barking at Darron Lee "here it comes!".  That's not just a bad sign, that's 0-16 kinda territory coming.  And the GM fired their only winning HC after posting winning seasons 3 of his 4 years and making the playoffs twice in 4 years, to replace him with his buddy from the Pats?

Just when the Lions get a little traction they blow it up and now look at the mess they have on their hands.
oh please oh please be running the same shithole when we play them.  2 easy wins would be great!!

I eat cheetos, wings, burgers, pizza and nachos and I'm not fat. It's not what Matty Patty eats, it's how much. And the fact that he sucks at coaching.

So let's please not insult all these wonderful foods you all are bringing up Wink

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
As awful as Stafford was, what gives them zero hope was lack of coaching and being prepared.   Read 2 articles today about Jets knew their plays.  Everything was dictated and easily recognized.  The pick 6, Adams said they practiced defending that same play all week and when Detroit called it he was barking at Darron Lee "here it comes!".  That's not just a bad sign, that's 0-16 kinda territory coming.  And the GM fired their only winning HC after posting winning seasons 3 of his 4 years and making the playoffs twice in 4 years, to replace him with his buddy from the Pats?

Just when the Lions get a little traction they blow it up and now look at the mess they have on their hands.
oh please oh please be running the same shithole when we play them.  2 easy wins would be great!!
There are no easy wins especially against Detroit. We need to stomp them into the ground.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Their GM, Bob Quinn and head coach Matt Patricia were especially arrogant this offseason. Basically saying we are smarter than everyone and we can do better than Jim Caldwell can. LMAO. Quite the embarrassing start against the youngest rookie QB to ever start a NFL game. Fans are berserker mad. They fired Caldwell after a 9-7 season. What a shit show in the 2nd half last night in DeToilet. And can a guy look any sloppier appearance-wise as a HC than Matt Patricia?? I mean, c'mon. Looks like someone who eats pizza all day in his parent's basement.

Now they go play a very good 49ers team on the road and then New England. Good luck with that.
yeah he’s arrogant and we all hope detroit takes a dump but why piss on his appearance and weight?  seems pretty shallow to me but i suppose its just message board fodder 

Caldwell is a good coach but i dont recall many here sticking up for him, in fact my recollection is that many thought he was not good and werent shy about saying so.  

Ok so here's a funny one. I talked to a known Lions fan this morning. He was like ''well it's still early in the year better to get it out of the way'' I didn't have the heart to tell him there's no good time to give up 31pts in one quarter. I also couldn't bring myself to tell him maybe nothing is out of the way. This may well be the way for the year. I'm cursed with niceness.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

yeah he’s arrogant and we all hope detroit takes a dump but why piss on his appearance and weight?  seems pretty shallow to me but i suppose its just message board fodder 

Caldwell is a good coach but i dont recall many here sticking up for him, in fact my recollection is that many thought he was not good and werent shy about saying so.  

Dunno, when you make millions and spend a good amount of time on TV, would it hurt to clean up a bit?  Shave or trim and dress like you have a job?  Yeah, message board fodder, be it isn't just empty ridicule.

As to caldwell, I don't think he was a good coach.  He sucked in indy and improved some in detroit, but I wouldn't say he was a good coach.

Jets say they knew everything the Lions were going to do...

"We were calling out their plays as he [Stafford] was getting up to the line,” said Lee, who was credited with three of the Jets’ 12 pass breakups Monday. “We knew his signals. We knew everything. …"

https://deadspin.com/the-jets-say-they-k...1828963232

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Dunno, when you make millions and spend a good amount of time on TV, would it hurt to clean up a bit?  Shave or trim and dress like you have a job?  Yeah, message board fodder, be it isn't just empty ridicule.

As to caldwell, I don't think he was a good coach.  He sucked in indy and improved some in detroit, but I wouldn't say he was a good coach.
i totally agree there is def a professional angle to it, i maybe should have emphasized my agreement with that part more in my response. 

i get that its arguable that caldwell is good.  but he in no way sucks