Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The more I learn, the more I freakin' love Kirk Cousins
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
That was my question coming in: How long do I sit back and watch and listen and learn before I start to act like a starting quarterback?” Cousins said. “I was surprised by how much my teammates gave me that license to lead quickly. I thought they were going to want to have me prove myself a little bit longer than maybe I had to. They were very supportive. They said, ‘No, man. It’s your show. Let’s go."

That question was answered pretty quickly. Cousins synced up with the team and they began to gel. His actions backed up his words. I love that he has always had to fight to prove himself. He has that inner motivation to do so. During training camp and preseason, he was always interacting with teammates and coaches. He is going to help the OL. He immediately owns it if he messes up, then it's back to work. But he talk to everyone, whether it's the rookies or veterans. He is nurturing those relationships and it will have an impact.
We are Vikings Kirk. We don't ask for much from our QB. Put up decent numbers and don't go on IR. We fans are desperate for a QB long term solution. So must your teammates I imagine.  We have a new leader every year. We're flexible that way. The rest as they say is up to you.