Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles Missing Flip?
26 penalties called last night, what a joke. The game went SO late. The NFL needs to pull its head out of its ass and stop tweaking the rules every single offseason. 

Didn't watch it. Read recap and box score. Discribed as a sloppy mistake filled game with 26 penalties. Glad I missed it. I rarely watch Thursday games anyhow. Knocked out 2 more Ozark episodes last might. Glad I got turned on to that. Time better spent it sounds like.

It takes heaven, earth for me to watch a non-Vikings game for more than 20 minutes anymore. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
It takes heaven, earth for me to watch a non-Vikings game for more than 20 minutes anymore. 
I love watching other games, so its different for me....but last night was stupid bad. I couldn't watch longer than halftime. Ryan looked so bad. He was ridiculously bad in the Red Zone. I mean, I was irritated by it it was so bad. It was deflating. Dan Patrick this morning on his radio show just slammed it as garbage football. He said he started watching Season 2 of Ozark at halftime, honest to god! lol. He said we can do all the analysis we want, but once the games start for real, we have no idea what is going to happen.

But to your point, I find myself really enjoying The Red Zone Channel. Big time. Addicted to it and it appeals to my shortening attention span for the NFL.

I am so glad I didn't watch. Heard enough about it to know it was better not to. 

i decided that I am boycotting all prime time games this year for various reasons (except the Vikings games)  so I am glad I didnt waste my time on that shit show.

Affirmed what I've thought all off-season: the NFC is not as stacked as many think.

The Falcons will never realize their potential with Sark as their OC. Period.

The Eagles Defense is all about their D-Line. When Nigel comes back their LBs will look better, but not world beaters by any stretch. And their Secondary is eminently getable. If you can handle the pass rush and not make mistakes you can score on them.

Saints depend on the state of Drew's arm, which has gotten noticeably weaker each of the last two years. And it was never a canon to begin with.

Rams could be tough, but all the new pieces need to fit together and they need to hope that Goff builds on his only good season. He's absolutely a candidate for regression.

What I'm watching out for is the team that didn't get a lot of hype this offseason. Maybe Carolina or the Cowboys. Somebody that no one predicted will get hot and be a major threat. Happens every year.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Affirmed what I've thought all off-season: the NFC is not as stacked as many think.

The Eagles Defense is all about their D-Line. When Nigel comes back their LBs will look better, but not world beaters by any stretch. And their Secondary is eminently getable. If you can handle the pass rush and not make mistakes you can score on them.

Saints depend on the state of Drew's arm, which has gotten noticeably weaker each of the last two years. And it was never a canon to begin with.

Rams could be tough, but all the new pieces need to fit together and they need to hope that Goff builds on his only good season. He's absolutely a candidate for regression.

What I'm watching out for is the team that didn't get a lot of hype this offseason. Maybe Carolina or the Cowboys. Somebody that no one predicted will get hot and be a major threat. Happens every year.
i still think the nfc is stacked and I think the non conference records will show that,  the teams may not be as dominant against each other and there are some things with the game to get worked through,  but I still think the power of the league is in the NFC.

Kills me that the Eagles won that game. Falcons could've (should've) easily won and put the Eagles in a big hole, especially considering that it sounds like Wentz will be out several more games. Matt Ryan was awful. Foles was even worse. Looked like two 5-11 teams playing each other and not the two teams so many predict will face each other in the NFCC.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@FSUVike said:

i still think the nfc is stacked and I think the non conference records will show that,  the teams may not be as dominant against each other and there are some things with the game to get worked through,  but I still think the power of the league is in the NFC.
And first games always seem to be a bit off.  I recall the Pats starting 0-2 with Brady getting questioned if he should be benched. 

That said, Foles is foles.  He was out of football for a reason.  He got hot in the playoffs because the coaches changed their offense in their 1st round bye.  Suddenly they were doing things that weren't on film and the double moves caught our well prepared (for short RPO) D off guard.  They were good at the short stuff, we had to respect that and take it away, but it left us vulnerable to the double moves.  Credit their coaches with taking a bad situation in the Wentz injury and turning it into a good thing. 

It wasn't just our D, the great Patriot coaching staff got run over in the super bowl.