Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regardless of any perceived issues, Vikings should beat the 49ers
[Image: hunter-danielle-62718-usnews-getty-ftr_q...quality=70]

[Image: kirk-cousins-vikings.jpg]

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
We will do great,

and im an eternal pessimist
An eternally pessimistic Viking fan. What's next Big Foot?

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Vanguard83 said:
We will do great,

and im an eternal pessimist
An eternally pessimistic Viking fan. What's next Big Foot?

lol  The way people feel about our new punter, I won't bring that up...

I just want us to play well. If we're prepared and play well, but somehow lose, I'm OK. Likewise, if we're outcoached and play poorly and somehow win, I'm not OK. It's a long season and there isn't a single team on our schedule we can't beat. In 2015, we went in to San Francisco on opening weekend and got our asses kicked by a lesser team. We were clearly outcoached in that game and it still haunts me. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I just want us to play well. If we're prepared and play well, but somehow lose, I'm OK. Likewise, if we're outcoached and play poorly and somehow win, I'm not OK. It's a long season and there isn't a single team on our schedule we can't beat. In 2015, we went in to San Francisco on opening weekend and got our asses kicked by a lesser team. We were clearly outcoached in that game and it still haunts me
This might help your mindset:

Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer 2m2 minutes ago
More
#Vikings kept 49ers prep to just one extra day, opposed to extending Week 1 planning like they had previous years, Zimmer said: "A few years ago, we started prepping earlier than what we did this week. It didn't turn out well and I felt we didn't play very good."

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
I just want us to play well. If we're prepared and play well, but somehow lose, I'm OK. Likewise, if we're outcoached and play poorly and somehow win, I'm not OK. It's a long season and there isn't a single team on our schedule we can't beat. In 2015, we went in to San Francisco on opening weekend and got our asses kicked by a lesser team. We were clearly outcoached in that game and it still haunts me

More
#Vikings kept 49ers prep to just one extra day, opposed to extending Week 1 planning like they had previous years, Zimmer said: "A few years ago, we started prepping earlier than what we did this week. It didn't turn out well and I felt we didn't play very good."
Who am I to question Zimmer, but I'm not sure I get his reasoning. Sounds like one I used a lot in college. Hey, I studied hard for that exam and bombed. This time, I'll go drink beer instead and hope for the best. 

@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

More
Who am I to question Zimmer, but I'm not sure I get his reasoning. Sounds like one I used a lot in college. Hey, I studied hard for that exam and bombed. This time, I'll go drink beer instead and hope for the best. 
In fairness that was me in chemistry.  I studied my ass off and got Cs on 2 exams.  I totally forgot 1 exam and got an A and I was drunk as a skunk for one and got an A with maybe a half hour of prep time?
So study hard = Cs.  Drink heavily = A's!!!

@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

More

That was my collegiate strategy.  :p

Yeah, not sure I'm agreeing with Z's response there, either.

SF will be a slugfest.  They will be hungry but are limited on offense, not particularly worried about Pierre Garcon or Jerick’s backup.  I think the defense dominates the day and the O does enough to keep this one out of reach.

Vikings 24
49ers 13