Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Hill is going to make the 53 after last evening...
Hill makes it IMO,  to much raw material there to work with at a league wide position of need to expose it to waivers.  (did anybody else think Hill looked a bit like Cpatterson when he was returning those kicks?)  he haS that burst and ability to change directions fluidly without really losing speed,  but also showed the ability to hammer on the brakes and make people miss in a tight window.  I think I would like to see more of him back there myself.

Beebe, should have shown enough already to have made the team.  contributes in 3 phases of special teams as well as showing that he is a useful tool on offense.

Zylstra,  finally a Zylstra sighting.  He looks decent,  I would have like to have seen more and seen him against better talent.  I think he looked like a veteran 5th WR against inferior talent,  but he didnt really blow me away with anything I saw,  but he has been out for a while and he wasnt playing with the best talent we have either.

Wienke,  plenty to like,  but not enough there yet to garner a roster spot,  but I would say try and get him onto PS.

If you consider the PS and the likelihood of a cut player making to the PS, then Zylstra and Beebe are more likely to be cut than Hill. 
I don't think Hill makes it to a practice squad.  His issue was always off the field - presumably, marijuana. He has shown, so far, that it is no longer a problem. But for that, he would have been drafted.  For any player you are considering cutting you have to ask yourself whether we are ok with losing him to another team.  If not, do not cut him.  The notion that you are going to sneak someone onto your PS is nonsense. I think Hill has too much upside to risk exposing him to 31 other teams, some of whom must be starved for young, cheap CBs.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
If you consider the PS and the likelihood of a cut player making to the PS, then Zylstra and Beebe are more likely to be cut than Hill. 
I don't think Hill makes it to a practice squad.  His issue was always off the field - presumably, marijuana. He has shown, so far, that it is no longer a problem. But for that, he would have been drafted.  For any player you are considering cutting you have to ask yourself whether we are ok with losing him to another team.  If not, do not cut him.  The notion that you are going to sneak someone onto your PS is nonsense. I think Hill has too much upside to risk exposing him to 31 other teams, some of whom must be starved for young, cheap CBs.
I look more at where they are now compared to who we would keep in their stead.  who makes the team in place of Hill, Zylstra and Beebe?  what are the advantages that these other players bring vs the down side.   in these cases I dont think the other 2 receivers we would keep Coley and ?  have enough upside or additional experience to justify keeping them over what we have seen these past 4 weeks.   I the case of Hill I think its a matter of Newman and or Sherels (I think we would be fine without both of them)  the other advantage would be the cap savings,  what you lose in experience you gain in cap savings which is always useful.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JoDakota" said:
I think Zylstra makes the team over Beebe, and I really like Beebe. Zylstra made a great catch last night, and has the experience up north. I think it hurts Beebe that he was hurt for last nights game.

Being a SDSU fan, I love Wieneke, but I think he is best suited for practice squad.

We're in Maple Grove and have been rooting for the kid too...We knew him before he was even a gleam in your eye Wink
Maple Grove go crazy lol. Smile

IMO a lot of the discussion about Hill - and Beebe - has to do with what the team REALLY thinks about 3 veterans: Sherels, Newman, and Wright. A lot of people are assuming they are all safe (or at least Sherels and Newman). I'm not so sure. Some will argue that they would have been playing if they were on the bubble, but I think the coaches know what they have (or don't) in Sherels and Newman - and in Wright's case, they might have already given up.
Waive Sherels or Newman, and does anyone doubt Hill makes the team as the 6th CB? I'm not sure one will be waived, but most years there is at least a surprise vet or two who gets cut. I think among those 3, and Compton and Siemian, at least 2 will be gone.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
IMO a lot of the discussion about Hill - and Beebe - has to do with what the team REALLY thinks about 3 veterans: Sherels, Newman, and Wright. A lot of people are assuming they are all safe (or at least Sherels and Newman). I'm not so sure. Some will argue that they would have been playing if they were on the bubble, but I think the coaches know what they have (or don't) in Sherels and Newman - and in Wright's case, they might have already given up.
Waive Sherels or Newman, and does anyone doubt Hill makes the team as the 6th CB? I'm not sure one will be waived, but most years there is at least a surprise vet or two who gets cut. I think among those 3, and Compton and Siemian, at least 2 will be gone.
Compton looks like he is starting and Siemian is our #2.  So I doubt either of those will be cut.  Sherels and Newman are on the bubble IMO.

I think Hill has to be protected now, he really showed well in the last game.  I think a trade is brewing and I think it is Mac.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JoDakota" said:
I think Zylstra makes the team over Beebe, and I really like Beebe. Zylstra made a great catch last night, and has the experience up north. I think it hurts Beebe that he was hurt for last nights game.

Being a SDSU fan, I love Wieneke, but I think he is best suited for practice squad.

We're in Maple Grove and have been rooting for the kid too...We knew him before he was even a gleam in your eye Wink
It's little off the cuff comments like that that make me like PA,  but sometimes he makes me wonder if they quit piss testing employees after dubay went off the rails.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JoDakota" said:

It's little off the cuff comments like that that make me like PA,  but sometimes he makes me wonder if they quit piss testing employees after dubay went off the rails.
I like his goofiness and quirks. He is funny and dorky but it's kind of endearing. I like how he comes up with things on the fly. Lol I can understand why you would wonder that. But it's a good balance of Pete's knowledge and experience with PA's own brand of uniqueness. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JoDakota" said:

I like his goofiness and quirks. He is funny and dorky but it's kind of endearing. I like how he comes up with things on the fly. Lol I can understand why you would wonder that. But it's a good balance of Pete's knowledge and experience with PA's own brand of uniqueness. 
I've been listening to him for years,  but since his divorce he has been a little more  off kilter than normal,  or at least as close to normal as he can get.