Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team looks like garbage again
Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
@"JoDakota" said:
paul Allen has a great take on this....Siemian has played and won real NFL games vs. 1st steing D. Slotwe hasnt. PA doesnt think there is even a competition for QB2.
Yup, I heard PA and Bercich discussing that. I would have to say that he sure looks a long way off from those real games he won...at least at this point. 

Rick had a lot of good things to say about Sloter. It sure seems like he is in the team’s future plans. Siemian could be too, I suppose, but Sloter sure is a gamer and personally I would have loved to see what he could have done against better competition this preseason....oh well...
People with no job on the line have the luxury of this thinking. Not that anybody heres job is currently in jepody. Sloter is out playing Trevor now. Don't care that he was able to ride along for a few wins in Denver. If he was all that capable of winning games they wouldn't have moved in a totally different direction. Didn't like the trade then. Sure don't like the play now. Again last night I seen a scared QB. Broken and he's not our reclamation project. We didn't break him.

There is certainly room for all 3 QBs to make the active roster...until they find someone better of course.

@"JoDakota" said:
paul Allen has a great take on this....Siemian has played and won real NFL games vs. 1st steing D. Slotwe hasnt. PA doesnt think there is even a competition for QB2.
Yup, I heard PA and Bercich discussing that. I would have to say that he sure looks a long way off from those real games he won...at least at this point. 

Rick had a lot of good things to say about Sloter. It sure seems like he is in the team’s future plans. Siemian could be too, I suppose, but Sloter sure is a gamer and personally I would have loved to see what he could have done against better competition this preseason....oh well...
It would have been nice if the team would have given Sloter the start tonight over Siemien to see him against better competition.  And it would have been very telling if Siemien still looked like hot garbage against the 3s.  At the very least, it would have hopefully provided a little more clarification.

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
And yet a QB starved GM traded him away for relative peanuts.  That should say a lot.  I don't think it's a reach to say that we did not get that guy.  The Siemian that we have is scared and doesn't loo like he deserves the chances he is getting.  He certainly isn't out playing the # 3,  not with any rationalization or justification.  He looms like an early cut in years past.

Sloter looks the part,  it's time for him to get moved to the #2 role and expand his education.  I keep hearing how he's only played QB for 2 years,  IIRC he was always a QB,  he only played WR for a couple years in college so the transition back shouldn't be a lifelong journey.  They should have gotten him the reps with the 2s tonight.

Here's my only dig on Siemian: his drops are like molasses. He's slow to drop, slow to set up and his throwing motion is slow. The line needs to hold their blocks an extra tick for him to set. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Here's my only dig on Siemian: his drops are like molasses. He's slow to drop, slow to set up and his throwing motion is slow. The line needs to hold their blocks an extra tick for him to set. 
You only have one?

Smile 

How about accuracy, hesitation, lack of leadership, etc.?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
To update a previous post....so far in the NFL (granted, all preseason games), Kyle Sloter is 62-of-84 (73%) for 697 yards, 8 TDs and 0 INTs.
Its the reason that he got to be a #3 QB in the NFL.....but preseason and the regular season are in different zip codes. This doesn't mean he should be the backup QB. It means that a guy that hasn't been playing QB very long is getting a NFL shot. Those are PRESEASON stats. Siemian has a winning record as a starting NFL QB against #1 defenses. Its not really comparable.
I dont think MB was advocating anything other than just having some fun with stats. Hopefully a Bronco fan or 2 getting some indigestion over it.

And why is there a thread that the team looks like garbage when we have our 3rd stringers and bubble team players playing?

Be glad we're not Bills fans...

BTW...nice pass to Zylstra in the corner of the end zone...loved seeing the kid chuck it downfield the way he did.
My 3 favorite players this preseason have been Sloter, Beebe and Boone. They have been fun to watch Big Grin

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
To update a previous post....so far in the NFL (granted, all preseason games), Kyle Sloter is 62-of-84 (73%) for 697 yards, 8 TDs and 0 INTs.
Its the reason that he got to be a #3 QB in the NFL.....but preseason and the regular season are in different zip codes. This doesn't mean he should be the backup QB. It means that a guy that hasn't been playing QB very long is getting a NFL shot. Those are PRESEASON stats. Siemian has a winning record as a starting NFL QB against #1 defenses. Its not really comparable.
I dont think MB was advocating anything other than just having some fun with stats. Hopefully a Bronco fan or 2 getting some indigestion over it.

And why is there a thread that the team looks like garbage when we have our 3rd stringers and bubble team players playing?

Be glad we're not Bills fans...
Why is there a thread about this? Come on now PF, you know better than that. We are Vikings fans and there has always got to be the negative. No matter how good the team is or looks, someone will always find something to criticize. I am not saying that everything is perfect by any means but there is a lot of positive. This is an anxiety filled fanbase. And until Lombardi comes, it will continue to be that way. 

BTW...nice pass to Zylstra in the corner of the end zone...loved seeing the kid chuck it downfield the way he did.
My 3 favorite players this preseason have been Sloter, Beebe and Boone. They have been fun to watch Big Grin
Very good list indeed. I'd add Hughes, O'Neill has looked decent at times, the LB Wilson and a few of the 2nd string DL have been fun to watch too. 

Thank god the kicker made his kicks last night. I think Zimmer would have had him find his own flight back from Nashville if he didnt.