Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News - Teddy to the Big Easy!
Interesting.  I guess he's now Ok with being a backup.  I'd like Teddy backing up Cousins instead of what we have.

Very good for the Saints and Teddy. Saints get their QBOTF and Teddy becomes the heir apparent on a very good young team whose offense suits him well. Jets I'm not sure about.

Sure they get a high pick for a player that cost them nothing. But if they could've just waited a few weeks for a starter to go down, as one always does, they may have gotten a lot more for him. I suppose they couldn't really "expect" that to happen though. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Teddy isn't going to play at all this year, but he can sit and keep safe another year. Good place for him. He might not play next year, either. Meantime, its a good backup for Brees. If they can work out a longer deal, then good for Teddy. 
Bridgewater is on a 1-year contract, so unless the Saints are extending him (or franchise him!), they won't have him under contract after 2018.

It's nice that he's still in the NFL, but I'm not sure it's a nice landing spot, because unless Brees gets hurt he won't play. That means he won't earn all those incentives in the contract he signed - $4M of his potential $6M is based on playing 50% of the snaps in a game ($250K per game). Backing up Brees means he might be paid no more than the $1M guaranteed in the contract. He will be a UFA next spring, but what kind of deal will he receive if he just held a clipboard all year?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@StickyBun said:
Teddy isn't going to play at all this year, but he can sit and keep safe another year. Good place for him. He might not play next year, either. Meantime, its a good backup for Brees. If they can work out a longer deal, then good for Teddy. 
Bridgewater is on a 1-year contract, so unless the Saints are extending him (or franchise him!), they won't have him under contract after 2018.

It's nice that he's still in the NFL, but I'm not sure it's a nice landing spot, because unless Brees gets hurt he won't play. That means he won't earn all those incentives in the contract he signed - $4M of his potential $6M is based on playing 50% of the snaps in a game ($250K per game). Backing up Brees means he might be paid no more than the $1M guaranteed in the contract. He will be a UFA next spring, but what kind of deal will he receive if he just held a clipboard all year?
Saints will likely re-do his deal. Otherwise they paid a helluva price for a 1-year backup. 

I doubt Teddy is excited about this - I would bet he was hoping to go somewhere where he would have a chance to be the Starting QB. I predict one and done in Aints'ville and gets a starting job in Tampa Bay

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Jor-El said:
@StickyBun said:

Saints will likely re-do his deal. Otherwise they paid a helluva price for a 1-year backup. 
Yeah, I would wager they aren't throwing a 3rd away for a one year deal.  

Wish it were elsewhere so I could root for him. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@StickyBun said:

That's incorrect, 6 mil is his base if he's on the roster at the start of the season (pretty obvious he will be) and those incentive brought his contact up to like 15 mil. 

What kind of fuckery is this? I am rooting for Teddy but it's the Saints. Ugh. That must have been a weird scene with the bus, it's like hi and goodbye. I am wishing him all the best.

Ewww, ilovebigtd's has to be a Saints fan now.  Jets would have been bad enough.