Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our 12 Takeaways from the Seattle Game
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
I seem to remember all the hand wringing after we played Seattle in the preseason last year.  Perhaps, just perhaps, Seattle views preseason as a bit more important to win and game plans a bit more.  I don't think too many teams game plan for specific opponents in the preseason. 

I was pretty surprised at the amount of blitzing and scheming in the game.  All that said, in reading all the local scribes, it sounds like Sloter is #3 on depth chart when the real games start in 2 weeks. 
I was referring to the trapping of Richardson.  But yes, I think Sloter is still #3 for this year.

that I don't see why----sloter looked way better than seiman

Quote: @"Akvike" said:

If the last pre-season game ends like the rest...Seiman struggling and Sloter making things happen.  Sloter could end up number 2 on the depth chart when the regular season starts.

Nice job, Tom and Mike.  Thanks for sharing.  I think Beebe and Boone both have real shots at making the team the way they stand out in these pre-season games.  Liked EW's "Skol" and the end too.  B)

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I seem to remember all the hand wringing after we played Seattle in the preseason last year.  Perhaps, just perhaps, Seattle views preseason as a bit more important to win and game plans a bit more.  I don't think too many teams game plan for specific opponents in the preseason. 
For teams who don't expect to be very good, it's probably important for them to establish a winning attitude. Dennis Green was like that when he first came in. They probably show a little more than teams with more on the line might. 

Quote: @"Akvike" said:
You have to consider the context. Siemian may not have played well against Seattle (haven't seen the game yet), but he looked good to me in the first two preseason games.

I like Sloter a lot. I liked him before the Broncos even signed him. But he's two years removed from playing wide receiver. Kid's definitely a gamer and I'm just happy to have him as our 3rd string developmental QB. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Akvike" said:
You have to consider the context. Siemian may not have played well against Seattle (haven't seen the game yet), but he looked good to me in the first two preseason games.

I like Sloter a lot. I liked him before the Broncos even signed him. But he's two years removed from playing wide receiver. Kid's definitely a gamer and I'm just happy to have him as our 3rd string developmental QB. 
Simien doesnt look like he belongs on an NFL roster to me.  he is scared, indecisive, and doesnt throw a good ball consistently when he does get it out.  The only reason to keep Sloter as the #3 is the additional reps he would get running the scout team in practice against our defense.   he is definitely the better looking QB IMO and should be considered ahead of Simien based on what we have seen through 3 games.  Sloter is ready for the next challenge in terms of facing better talent in the games.   He should get the start Thursday night and let Simien work with the 3s and see how different they look against their opponents.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Akvike" said:

Simien doesnt look like he belongs on an NFL roster to me.  he is scared, indecisive, and doesnt throw a good ball consistently when he does get it out.  The only reason to keep Sloter as the #3 is the additional reps he would get running the scout team in practice against our defense.   he is definitely the better looking QB IMO and should be considered ahead of Simien based on what we have seen through 3 games.  Sloter is ready for the next challenge in terms of facing better talent in the games.   He should get the start Thursday night and let Simien work with the 3s and see how different they look against their opponents.
Not questioning what you see, but Simien has won real NFL games, so he does belong.  Perhaps he is struggling to learn the new offense?  Maybe thinking too much which leads to indecision?

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Akvike" said:

Not questioning what you see, but Simien has won real NFL games, so he does belong.  Perhaps he is struggling to learn the new offense?  Maybe thinking too much which leads to indecision?
lots of poor QBs have won games in the NFL... hell trent dilfer has a superbowl ring,  but I dont think Simien has shown anything ion preseason that suggests he would be a better option that Sloter at running the team for a spell if Kirk couldnt go.  people keep saying he has the experience,  but thats the funny thing about experience,  how does a young guy get some and if that is all the a vet has over a better talent, than what will that lead to?  honestly, this season is looking sketchy alread with the OL being what it is,  if Kirk goes down does it really matter who is the next in line?  IMO it might as well be the kid with the higher upside getting that ever valuable experience over the guy that has shown to be a #2 at best and only on a roster with an inexperienced #3.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/8/24/...ta-vikings

Kyle Sloter should back up Kirk CousinsOk it’s just pre-season. But as a backup quarterback, most likely this is your season. Your chance to show what you got. Sure there’s practice, and that counts in terms of showing knowledge of the offense and ability to make throws in that setting, but it doesn’t show how you play in game situations.
And the closest thing a backup quarterback has to that is preseason games.
As a former starter with many games of experience in the regular season, you’d expect a guy like Trevor Siemian to show more command. More ability. He should be a little above the second stringers he’s playing against. But he didn’t. He didn’t look like a starter. He didn’t look like a guy you want starting at QB for your team either. And that’s the point.
(More at the link above)