Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our 12 Takeaways from the Seattle Game
Look at our Twitter feed at the left side of this forum, or on Twitter @VikeFans 

Well Done...

Not sure Zylstra makes final 53, the Maple Grove kid either...Wright is probably out of here. Welcome Chad Beebe, thank you Marcus Sherels for your service. 

What is it with MN TE's being so heavy on their feet? (i.e. Kleinsasser and Rudolph). Ah for the days of Steve Jordan lol!

With the starting 5 OL not playing together at all this pre-season, I am prepping myself to be patient with the offense the first 1 quarter of the season.  Good thing it's an easier schedule right out of the gate Wink

DT's were not impressive vs Sea...I expect a lot more from the interior DL starters. 

Wonder how Capt'n Kirk is with roll-out's ala Rogers? I think they'll need to do that quite a bit. I just dont trust Compton in pass pro - maybe they shade Elf over to that side and help out?

Isn't there depth to challenge Compton on this team? 

IS Elf even going to be available game #1?

Will Barr get signed by Xmas? We'll see...

Siemen has been painful to watch, Sloter @ #2 would scare the hell out of me. 

Tom, why would Sloter at #2 QB scare you?  He's got that "it" that Siemian does not have.  He's brought the scrubs back twice in preseason to wins.  It's not our best, but it's still football.

I agree with the "DT's" comment.. With Joseph and Richardson, I expect A LOT.. 
They were getting man-handled on runs it seemed..  I'm sure a little more familiarity will help, but man.. It's like they weren't even in there. 

Side note- Kinda funny that Tom Johnson and Shamar Stephen were starting for Seattle..  I wish Johnson nothing but the best tho. Always liked that guy. 

Quote: @"Min0taur" said:
I agree with the "DT's" comment.. With Joseph and Richardson, I expect A LOT.. 
They were getting man-handled on runs it seemed..  I'm sure a little more familiarity will help, but man.. It's like they weren't even in there. 

Side note- Kinda funny that Tom Johnson and Shamar Stephen were starting for Seattle..  I wish Johnson nothing but the best tho. Always liked that guy. 
Richardson was getting trapped quite a bit by Seattle. They know him well and game planned him well too.

Bercich was saying how the adjustments by our DT's after the 1/2 were good ones - just the kind of adjustment practice players need heading into the regular season. 

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
Tom, why would Sloter at #2 QB scare you?  He's got that "it" that Siemian does not have.  He's brought the scrubs back twice in preseason to wins.  It's not our best, but it's still football.
sloter wouldnt scare me.  he should be the #2.  we know Kyla and his folks.  quality people and hes talented

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
It was PurpleFaithful that said Sloter would scare him at the #2 spot. Siemian scares me at the #2 spot.

ITs not just one game, all preseason Sloter has looked better. Hopefully he gets most of the game on thursday.

I seem to remember all the hand wringing after we played Seattle in the preseason last year.  Perhaps, just perhaps, Seattle views preseason as a bit more important to win and game plans a bit more.  I don't think too many teams game plan for specific opponents in the preseason. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I seem to remember all the hand wringing after we played Seattle in the preseason last year.  Perhaps, just perhaps, Seattle views preseason as a bit more important to win and game plans a bit more.  I don't think too many teams game plan for specific opponents in the preseason. 

I was pretty surprised at the amount of blitzing and scheming in the game.  All that said, in reading all the local scribes, it sounds like Sloter is #3 on depth chart when the real games start in 2 weeks.